1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #53

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 8, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thought to add this...

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who DAILY bears our burdens. Psam 68:19

Isaiah 58:14 "Then you will take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

Habakkuk 1:5 "The Lord replied: "Look, and be amazed! You will be astounded at what I am about to do! For I am going to do something in your own lifetime that you will have to see to believe."

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Diane: Glad to hear you survived another day!

Dan: Glad to hear the tests went well.

I am up wayyyyyy past my bedtime. Cassie had to have a snack after church and then we had to watch a movie until she went to sleep.

By then, I was wide awake again!

See ya'll in the morning!

Pleasant dreams!

§ue (already dreading Cassie leaving Saturday)

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good morning all - still another warm, sticky day here.

As usual, coffee and tea are ready, but the fridge is well stocked with all of your cold drinks.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning to you, Roger. It is dropping into a cool night here in Wyoming. Will go below 50F and east wind. Actually made some HOT tea to enjoy as I finally get to spend some time on the BB (and give my dogs a rest).

Got any Little Debbie cakes or snacks? Could use an oatmeal pie or some glazed donut sticks. My treat.

[​IMG]

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

DonutSticks have got to be my favorite "Little Debbie" snack!!

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Don't miss anything from Little Debbie really. Donutsticks are alright, but most of their snacks are alright.

I'll have a slice of hot baked banana bread please.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Get those Little Debbie Snacks away from me! I love those things!

I've given up snacking to try and drop the weight I've gained so quickly. Hubby is notorious for junk food! If he buys it.... I will eat it!

Well, an hour til time to leave so must hop in the shower and get Nick out of bed. IF the weather holds, we're to go to Hiram for a afternoon swim and hot dog cook out at some home school friends home. BEAUTIFUL in ground pool!

Hope you all have a blessed day!
    Diane

8. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning All!

It feels like I just went to bed! Not a very good night...

It is a muggy 72º with light rain and humidity on the rise at 94% - expected high of 80º with severe thunderstorms and an inch of rain.

The Coffee House carries a full line of [​IMG] snacks!

At home, there is one whole drawer that is always full of Little Debbie snacks. Hubby takes them in his lunch every day.

This rain is really putting a 'damper' on Cassie's outdoor activites! We may take a trip to Sally's Boutique (Salvation Army Store) today to pass some time...

Off to check other forums before I make Cassie pancakes for breakfast.

[​IMG]
    §ue

9. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Sue, looking for a new wardrobe for Cassie?

About those Little Debbie snacks - does the full line include SUGAR FREE STUFF?

10. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning Dan:

Looking for toys for Cassie and knick knacks for Grandma! We bought her new wardrobe at the "Pink Shutter" the day she got here. It is a second-hand store sponsored by our hospital auxillary and all proceeds go to the hospice.

Of course (in the CH) Little Debbie snacks are sugar free! They are also carb free and have the calories removed...just like all our other food!

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sue, I've got something that will keep Cassie busy most of the day. Go to www.makingfriends.com and print out some paper dolls (card stock works best) and then choose the hair, clothes, theme, etc... get a shoe box and let her make a doll house. I use old wall paper scraps, cut pieces from old towels, etc. for rugs, breadspreads, etc.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

She could also make a Father's Day present today right off the same site!

Diane

12. I Am Blessed 24

Thanks Diane!

I will check that site out right now!

I was going to take her to the plaster shop and let her pick out something and then teach her how to paint it. It doesn't open until 10:00.

This web site might be a better idea though and definitely less messy!

13. I Am Blessed 24

Awww. Shawna just told me that she is picking Cassie up tonight instead of Saturday. :(

Oh well... I will be getting Brent tonight in exchange. :D

I will be taking all three kids to see Shrek2 tomorrow afternoon and will be taking all three of them to SS and church Sunday.

Shawna will not be staying with me, but I will be picking the kids up for those two activities before she goes back to Wisconsin on Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm sure she will bring the girls by so I can get one last hug from them before they leave.

Brent will be staying with me until mid to late July.

Looks like I will be doing Cassie's laundry and packing her things today. We have a lot of things we didn't get to do since our visit is being cut short, but we still had fun!

§ue (happy and sad) :confused:

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Neat site it looks like Diane, thanks!
    Poor Sue. :(
    It rained yesterday, so it's a bit cooler today. Ahhh...plus I forgot how nice it is to run out barefoot on a hot day in the nice cool summer rain. :D All 3 girls came along, it was so nice!

Got stopped by an officer last night. This time the suspicion was that I was driving a stolen car. LOL! I was also told by the officer that the back seat needed vaccuumed. I looked back there and was sorry I did. There were animal crackers stuffed in a row all along the seat edges. But...still, I should have gotten out and inspected HER car to see if there were any crackers or crumbs!

I shall finish my closets today. I'm going for the other 3 that aren't in the hallway. The one in my room is a wreck. I definitely will have to invest in storage boxes so I can get it more organized! My plan for the immediate future though is to simply throw everything away. I've been here for years and never used anything in there I've saved.

Anyone wanna come help? :D

Gina

15. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Good Morning everyone. I have gotten 2 out of 4 of my girls to Sumemr school. VBS is this week and it's almost over. WHEW. It's been such a BLESSING this week.

-pist Gina- FLYLADY!!!!!! http://flylady.net

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL! That's cute.
    I was laughing at the petrified flower part...I saved a rose given to me when I joined a church, I also still have a class ring someone gave to me in high school, I threw out a pair of boots I've had since I was 17 or 18, etc.. Then of course there's my size 8 clothes I wore 15 years ago that "I'm gonna fit back into one day". HA! Yeah right, I think I get it now. Ain't gonna happen!
    Gina

17. I Am Blessed 24

Hey! I belong to flylady and it works! It sure helped ME get rid of a lot of clutter (mostly belonging to hubby). [​IMG]

There's just something about someone telling you what to do and when to do it...

She even tells you when to go to bed! [​IMG]

Cassie is playing Old Maid on the off line computer so I thought I'd pop in for a minute.

All of her things are packed and I washed her hair and put it in braids. She looks like Pippy Longstocking with her big brown eyes!

Time for lunch and then 'story time'. We got a lot of books from the library, thinking she would be here until Saturday, so I have a lot of reading to do this afternoon!

TTFN!
    Grandma §ue

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flylady is good for those who need a nanny. Kinda like lots of our ifb churches where they expect the pastor or church standards to be the nanny.

But I'll get preaching on that and this is a "fellowship" forum. Grrr.

BOY HOWDY from windy Wyoming. Another cooler day (about 65F and heading toward lunch time in an hour or so) and strong east wind. Big storms down in Colorado, but we get the back side cool winds only. Sure could use a torrential downpour.

Just had the sewer guys come out. We have o-l-d orangeburg tile sewer line under 20 lilac bushes from the house to the alley. They get clogged regularly, but haven't been a problem since it's just the wife and I.

But come next week my son and family will be here for a month or two and come the 5th of July my daugher and family will be here for July. So the sewer lines will see LOTS of activity!

Figured better to pay them now and maybe "head" off some potential clogs!

19. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Hey now, I'm a child in Christ! Of course i need a nanny ;)

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what the WORD of God and the SPIRIT within you are supposed to be!

Not your pastor or a list of legalistic do's and don'ts!

(And don't believe it because "I" said it. That's what the Word says).

End of sermon. - And I've got a longer one on the diet thread on the evils of soda pop . .