1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #53

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm all confused Dr. Bob. Are you saying that if I had the Spirit in me my closets would be clean already? :eek: [​IMG]

I printed out those paper dolls for the girls and they are STILL playing with them! The peace. The quietness. WOW! [​IMG] Diane, did I ever tell you you're my hero???? :D

Gina

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What did the woman do who lost a coin?

CLEANED HOUSE [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is the answer to all spiritual problems if only you ladies would understand.

(For men, it is mow the lawn!)

Youse guyz need to get a newer version of the Bible. All these things are spelled out since Vatican III. :rolleyes:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

See, I mowed the lawn 3 times in the past few weeks. I was WONDERING why I didn't feel blessed afterwards! All that old English messed me up. I was reaping when I should have been sewing.
    Thank you for your ever present guidance in such situations Doc!
    Gina

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sometimes we feel like we are the only ones who have it so rough. I just, in the last hours, have talked to several people who are in the exact situation as us..... These verses just speak so loudly to me!

2 Corinthians 4:8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit. 9 We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! We had a nice time at VBS and then went swimming. We just got in. It started raining but also the bugs were BAD!

Diane

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Today was the last day of our Thursday Kids Klub for the summer, now we begin work for our Kids Klub Kamp (VBS) in July.

Off to bed soon, see you all tomorrow.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rog - glad you're in Ireland and the folks may not see the irony of labeling your Vacation Bible School as "KKK".

Don't think we'd want to risk a sign "KKK Meets at ___ Baptist Church this Week" or we might have more protestors than kids! [​IMG]

7. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

:eek: :eek: That would be true ..... Might have a lot of unwanted things -nod nod-

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

And the girls continue to play with the paper dolls...they got upset when I made them take a break to go play with a friend.
    Gina

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Gina, I made a little Japanese house with Japanese children and put them in one section of my room. The BOYS were fighting over them and wanting more dolls!

You can print out different style clothes and it's like a brand new toy.... since the olympic clothes send their little minds one way and the Pilgrim clothing or Bible clothing.....

Diane

10. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

OK i've bugged everyone enough for a while. you all get a 2 hour break from me rest while you can cause I WILL BE BACK -giggles-

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

-packs up the youngins and heads to VBS-

make that three :eek:

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I saw that Diane! We already went back to the library once for more dolls print outs for the different outfits.
    I honestly can't remember when I've seen them this occupied with one thing for this long. We've had paper dolls before, but they were younger then and there wasn't that many choices of change, and I was more picky about being careful with them since I paid a lot of money for the book. (I had it imported from Asia)
    Gina

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I print the clothes out on colored paper for the younger children at church, cut them out ahead of time and then they just glue and play. I can imagine your girls even using scraps of material to make dresses! Isn't it fun?!!!

I'm so glad you're enjoying it!
    Diane

13. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Good evening all!

Hope we're all having fun - playing with dolls.

I printed one out - took three pieces of paper - with page 1 and 3 not worth much. Anyone else have that problem?

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No, all you have to do is tell the printer to only copy page one through one, instead of letting it go ahead and print "all". All only shows as one page on this site, but you can never trust that to be accurate!

I had them put them away in little baggies and go to bed. Tomorrow I'll tell them about the house idea, that aughta keep 'em busy for another day!

Gina

15. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I posted a 'good night' to all of you around 8:30 last night and a 'good morning' around 5:30 today and I couldn't find them! :confused:

I had posted them in the Old Codgers Thread (which proves I belong there!) :rolleyes:

Anyway, I am reposting them here because I would never to to bed without wishing you all pleasant dreams and this is the first place I stop each morning! :D

Last night...

This morning...

§ue (on the verge of 'losing' it :eek: )

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all..... well I lost it all last night and feel even worse this morning. Must be all the rushing around but I'm very 'anxious' this morning. PTL... I DID sleep tho!

With the paper dolls... I always click ONCE on the page before telling it to print and then tell it to print only page one because their header will show up on page 2. I've not ever had 3 pages tho.

Here's a page for you, builder Dan!
    http://papertoys.com/

Final day of VBS and I'm praying my hormones level out, my anxiety lessens and that I can be salt and light to these little ones because many are not from town or our church and I many never see them again.

Diane

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

18. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good Morning Diane!

I hope you are feeling better today.

Brent is up and wanting pancakes and hash browns so I am signing off.

I will pop back in whenever....

§ue (Grandma first - posting second)

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I went to a neighbour's house (we don't have cable) and was able to watch the funeral, my heart was stirred - and I wept. Because even when the Gipper was ill, I knew he was there and that meant something. Now he is well and truly gone, and with him I fear, a part of our greatness.

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I finally got here (1:30 pm in the mountains) on another spring-like day in the Rockies. It may hit 70, but some parts of the state got nearly a foot of snow last night. We had all the windows shut and the furnace still kicked on in the wee hours.

Problem with sending this batch of cool air east is that it runs into all the hot over the south and more severe storms rumble.

Must scoot. Took 2 hours this a.m. to watch the funeral and will take 2 more tonight to watch the end. Hope my wife holds up as well as Nancy is doing through such an ordeal.