1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #59

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 5, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG] :confused: [​IMG]

(Sorry Diane, couldn't pass on that one [​IMG] )

WELCOME HOME Dr. B.!

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Bob seems to do SO much on our board but we don't realize what all he does until he's not around to do it! [​IMG]

Diane

3. I Am Blessed 24

I knew what you meant and I AGREE. It just sounded funny when I read it. :D

4. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

Welcome Home Dr. Bob! Yup we sure did miss you.

I've been out for the past 5 hours riding bikes with the girls. I'm not as sore as I thought I would be (i'll finish on the diet thread post :D ).

Anyway going to have to cook dinner so so i'll talk to ya'll later.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It IS good to be back. Haven't been to the Versions Forum yet!! [​IMG]

Still just reading a ton of alerts and pm's, and 1600+ emails that cleared all my filters! Whew!

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently I am the ONLY one around, and time has come to relax and hit the NY Times crossword.

God bless all who will soon be up and about. [​IMG]

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm sure that the folks over in Versions Forum will be delighted---more than thrilled---enthusiastic---beyond the point of physical expression---dancin' a jig

to see the mighty man of wonder return to patrol the streets!!!!

8. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

We went to an open house at the Christian school last night and came home and went to bed! I finally got a GOOD night's sleep!

Today is Brent's first day at the Christian school and he was so excited last night! We only encountered one problem. They have chairs with the writing tables on the right side and Brent is a 'southpaw'... Hopefully, they can find him some other type of desk!

Diane and Gib: I hope you're battened down. I see you are getting a lot of heavy rain and 30 mph winds!

Off to check other forums,
    §ue

9. Gib

Gib Active Member

We are the only county in this area having school today :eek: Power's down all over and they are advising folks stay home if they don't need to go out.

I'm going to work, because I want to watch TV tonight. Have been watching the weather 24-7 for the past several days.

Realistically, the weather is no worse than when we have a heavy thunderstorm come through, only this has parked and staying a while.

10. I Am Blessed 24

Time to get the boys up, fix breakfast and pack lunches. I have to take Brent to school before I go to my corner so will be leaving earlier than usual from now on...

TTFN!
    §ue

11. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

Good Morning Good MORNING all!

I'm waiting for them to instal my cable. I do hope that they are on time or early because i'm having missive creative withdrawls from working on my website. There are so many things I need and want to do.

They are also going to instal Digital phone. Which means I'm losing my phone bill :D ... That is a blessing.

On another note. The girls went back to shcool today. Cassie is having trouble adjusting to 1st grade :( . It seems she's not allowed to play as much. I've vlaready headed her off at the pass and called the school nurse and informed her that she might be in but, not to worry.

Anyway I'm going to jump offline but I will be sure to come back as soon as my Cable is put in so you can REJOYICE with me ;)

Bestowing wealth on those who love me and making their teasures full- Proverbs 8:21 (NIV)

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Hi All. Prayer Please! Jim drove to work in this wind and rain. He's worked 9 days straight with 10 hour work days plus drive time days. His boss told him to take today off and the car won't start! He's an HOUR from me one way and I cannot drive in Atlanta.. have no idea how to get there, etc. Our son Jon lives in Atlanta and had last night off so he's going to take Jim to check the battery. The car's only a couple years old and Jim had gone to Wal-Mart for me before leaving work and it worked fine! Please pray this can be solved quickly! I have to have MY car for transporting kids and Jim has to have HIS car for work! Also, what a way to spend your only day off!

Sue, there's a lull right now but the other side is heading in. We're expecting this to last for another full day at least. Gib... school as usual here!

Diane

13. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Mornin' all! Diane, I can sympathize with ya! We have a sick car, too. And its the "good" car. Hubby has to commute to New orleans (85 miles)and he takes the "bad" car. No air, no radio, really on its last leg, too. He often has to stop and put oil in on the interstate. But he wants to put the miles on that one. I am just praying it doesnt break down today, b/c I have no way to go fetch him!

Other than that, we just finished breakfast and I think we are gonna swim in the kiddie pool today and make a craft. Then I need to straighten up the house since today is piano lesson day and people are in and out all afternoon.

Yall have a blessed day!
    Tater

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Tater, I have no idea what I'd do if Jim has to use my car! I pick up kids at 2 schools every day. That's my 'income' and it's a BIG help to us! PLUS those parents all work out of town and depend on me. I do have a friend with an extra car but she uses it instead of her Tahoe to save gas. I'd hate to impose. She drives way out of town to another county to teach. I have a lady friend from church who is a para-pro at the elementary school and picks up her daughter at the second school but her vehicle is smaller than mine and she has 2 kids of her own. She could help me today but not the days I have all the children! We sure can't afford to rent a car either! YIKES!!!!

Just praying it's his battery and nothing serious. Jim has a lot of miles on his Saturn! Over 100,000 by far!

Diane

15. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning all! Hope you had a blessed Labor Day, and now you are all well rested (while some of us have worked [​IMG] ). [​IMG]

Diane, we have a 1996 Ford Taurus Wagon with over 120,000 miles and still going strong. [​IMG]

16. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Barnabas, we've kept most of our cars until they had 200,000 miles on them. My last Saturn was a lease and I had it for 3 years and didn't even have 30,000 miles on it. My car is 2 years old in Nov. and has 17,000 miles. I don't go anywhere!

Jim's the one who puts all the miles on our cars. What we've done before is swap cars! When something new comes in.... I get it and then when his is dead, he takes mine. [​IMG]

His boss has gone home for jumper cables to see if he can get Jim started. They seem to think it's the battery.

Diane

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

BTW... Jim's doing really well at his new job. He sold a 7 1/2 foot grand piano on Sunday and yesterday he sold an upright, a small Boston Acoustic grand and a $10,000 electronic piano to a young guy with spiked yellow hair and piercings. The other guys didn't want to waste time waiting on that 'surfer kid'. LOL!

Diane

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy from Wyoming. 48F on the way to 82F today. End of summer in the day, beginning of fall in the night.

Driving to Las Vegas and LA next week, so getting MY car looked at. Wife and I bought cars the same day in August 97. Hers crossed 20k and mine is nearing 100k.

Praying for those commuting and those still affected by the storms.

19. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Hello, Everybody!!!!

We have a 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager. we bought it in 2000 with about 32,000 miles, but it's gonna turn 90,000 this week. since we moved to "Podunk Center" we've put lots of miles on it. Used to be 8 miles to Church, now it's 30!!!
    Carl used to drive less than a mile to work, but now it's about 50.

Recently, a Kia dealership was advertising "Buy a Sedona Van, get a Rio free!!"
    Now that's a tempting offer. [​IMG] :D

we had lots of wind and rain yesterday, with the power fluttering on and off every hour or so. Now the folks up North are getting it. It has stopped raining, finally . .

Gayla [​IMG]

20. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just heard that our Atlanta office is closed due to the weather. How are y'all doin' down there? The sun is out here.