1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #73

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Mar 9, 2005.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

All the older homes have been passed down - the newer homes REQUIRE both parents to work full time plus. Parents who have homes paid for will often remortgage them to help raise money for their children buying homes.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Precious is the sick one, Diane. I had to get her at school yesterday. It hasn't been a good week in the menagerie this week.

Complaints first:

T had a physical for his new job Monday. His blood pressure was up a little and they wouldn't sign off on it until it came back down.

On Tuesday, I found head lice on Precious. No live bugs but enough nits to know we would have a problem if I didn't treat immediately.

Yesterday the heat pump went out.

Now for the praise report:

Even though the doc didn't say anything about T blood pressure the last time he was in, we still had some medicine from the last time he had problems. So on Wednesday he went for a recheck and his blood pressure was ONE point below the level they wanted and they signed off on his physical. He starts his new job on Monday!

Not much good can come out of head lice, BUT, because of it I got most of my spring cleaning done all in one day. My MIL helped.

My heat pump has needed replacing since we moved in this house five years ago. We've been piecing it together cause we don't have the funds to replace it yet. The last time we had a problem with it the guy told us if it went out again we'd probably have to give up and replace it. I called a different guy. He came this morning and pieced it together one more time. He says that the emergency heating coils are gone, not to bother trying them, BUT, unless the circut board itself goes out we should be able to limp along with it through the summer. [​IMG] If all goes the way we plan, we should have the funds this fall to replace it without borrowing money!

One more thing going on this week. I think I told you that we spent most of Monday searching out an assisted living facility for T's grandfather. We were worried though, that T's aunt would not cooperate with our plans. Yesterday, after T's father got to see the place we found, she called and she wants to look at it as well! This could only be the hand of the Lord, cause T's dad and his aunt haven't ever really gotten along and they don't trust each other.

So it's been a busy week, but praise the Lord, he's met all the needs as they've come up. [​IMG]

Now I really have to get to the sewing machine!

See ya!

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Our eldest daughter and her husband are about to be made homeless. They are in privately rented accomodation and the landlord wants the property back and he can evict them. Our son in law only has a part time job and no hope of getting a mortgage. The people at the housing association told them that the housing situation is "out of control" here. There is no way most young people can afford a mortgage. If they find somewhere to rent the rent will be in the region of £600.00 per month. The average cost of a house here in the U.K. is well over £100,000. The only alternative if they are evicted is that they will be put into bed and breakfast accomadation and that could be for at least a year. Not a good solution with three children, inc. a babe of 6 months. :(

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Gracious Girl! You have had quite a week and it's only Thursday! Hope it gets better for you!

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sheila, I just saw we posted at the same time. I'm so sorry to hear that. If I'm correct, that £600.00 would be almost $1,200.00 in the U.S. and the home would be almost $200,000.

Our family will pray for the Lord to work in their lives during this time and give you and Rob peace.

Our son, Jon, is living here while searching for a new place closer to work. He was sharing a 4 bedroom condo with the condo owner's sister... a young woman he'd been in the Army with. She was sent to Iraq and sublet to a homosexual man about the same age as our Jon. The first time this fella had 'someone over', Jon packed up and came here. He works nights and sleeps days downstairs. He claims he doesn't hear the children.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Been praying about the housing situation Sheila.

7. following-Him

Thank you Diane and Roger. [​IMG]

Rob and I really appreciate your prayers. Our daughter and son in law's position is by no means an isolated case here. While Cathy was seeing the housing officer a family of seven came in to register as homeless. My heart goes out to them. With five children they are even less likely to find suitable accomodation. :(

Diane, I hope Jon finds somewhere more suitable than where he moved from.

God Bless

Sheila

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thanks Sheila. We could use some prayer too. The father of my after school children is on strike. The mother just minutes ago contacted me saying they won't be able to have me keep the children after tomorrow because he has no income. He was making more in 1 day than my husband makes in a week. We're VERY dependent on that income. Also, spring break is week after next and the 2 year old I keep is not on a year round agreement so I won't have him or be paid for him that week. He's also to have surgery right after that for a serious hernia. This is a major blow to us!

9. following-Him

Oh dear, Diane. We are sorry to hear this. Of course Rob and I will be praying for you and your situation.

God Bless

Sheila

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Will pick up the prayer effort again Diane.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    With THAT kind of exemption, we wouldn't be paying ANY taxes for TWO years. [​IMG]

12. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Prayers going up, Diane.
    [​IMG]

My parents' had a similar situation a few years ago. They were getting some compensation for caring for caring for someone and when the situation changed they didn't know where the money would come from.

God will provide. Keep your chin up. [​IMG]

13. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

(nix the apostrophe on parents) :rolleyes:

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thanks everyone. I called the church and asked them to give my name to anyone calling for child care during Spring Break. If I could pick up a couple of kids just during that time, it might get me through the strike. I don't want to have to replace the children I have. Their parents are such lovely people and care so deeply for their kids.

15. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

OK, well, had a really long meeting at work this afternoon.

Anyway, the art exhibit was quite interesting.

One of the artists did paintings, and the other did more of a collage/experimental kind of art. I rather liked the latter--much like some of the altered books and mail art that are becoming so popular these days.

Some of the collage stuff was made up of antique photos, bits and pieces, (some painting done in), and quotations . . . Some of the pieces were very beautiful.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. [​IMG]
    And I had a good time at lunch with the lady from work.

16. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you'll appreciate this site, as I do.

APOSTROPHE PROTECTION SOCIETY

17. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Jolly good, Debby. I do appreciate that.
    I know all about the apostrophes. The problem is when I get excited I type faster than I think, LOL. Kind of scary . . . :eek:

18. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant that if you cared enough to tell us that the one you typed didn't belong, you would probably agree with me that it's annoying when folks don't know how to use them correctly. That, and that it's just a really amusing site for all punctuation buffs.

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I also type so fast that sometimes I leave out parts of sentences! Rushing Brain Syndrome??? LOL

Thank's for the link', Debby'.

20. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey girl. [​IMG]

Don't worry about any of that here. I am a writer, also. Poems, short stories, novellas. I also teach school children how to write.

I see no sense in straining my brain to keep the English grammar, word usage, spelling, and punctuation perfect while just conversing with fellow believers.

I see grammatical mistakes galore all over this board and many of them are MINE. :eek:

Don't worry about it. Non-standard English accepted here.

Mistakes expected.

[​IMG] Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] <><