1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Communion and children

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by menageriekeeper, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

That's true, but Jesus and his disciples ate the supper alone, without even the owner of the house in which they were eating joining, so that tells me that those who have not come into the church and submitted to baptism are not allowed to partake of the communion.

It's one of the joys of church membership. If anyone is allowed to partake, then you have to ask yourself what really is the point of submitting to baptism.

That has not come up in years because we do not have any children that age in the church. Most of our members are middle aged with grown or teenage kids. The pastor has a 12 year old daughter, but she is a member.

I joined the church at 9 years old, but I can recall before that being told by my mother that only baptized members of the church were allowed to take communion. I accepted that answer because my mother said it, and that was enough.

I really don't see a problem with telling a child "no". In fact, there have been a few times I recall the pastor/deacons telling a new visitor that they could not participate, of course, with an adult it is followed by a broader explanation than with a child.