1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confess Which Elections You Voted Democrat

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Miss Scarlett done laid one on you S/N!:tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

It's simple! I just fill in the little bubble on the ballot next to the candidate's name.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As best as I can remember, I've voted Republican since 1972.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My apologies, I got you mixed up with the Scarlett in "Gone with the Wind." :)

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I have never voted for a democrat for president, however I haven't voted for a Republican since George H. W. Bush and I knew he wasn't as conservative as I would have liked. His big down fall in my book was trying to compromise on to many things, but what else does a moderate do but compromise.
    I still believe he was a rather good president, but he could have been a great one.

I would put JFK worst than LBJ. But if you read about them, you will see they liked so many of the same things and did so many of the same things. Differences LBJ showed up to work most of the time and JFK wasn't know for that as a senator.

Billy was a wheeler dealer in democracy politics in Texas and a friend to LBJ, but he was mainly a friend to Billy. I believe he even got saved and joined a church at one time, you know like the governor from Ar. who was call Billy or Bill.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though I didn't vote while I was in the service, JFK was my man (also my commander in chief).

Years before Roe vs Wade.

John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961.

HankD

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Hey Bob,
    During the Kennedy LBJ years, I was a young teen, so my impression of them was based on the rants of my Dad. My Dad liked LBJ less than Kennedy if that is possible for him, but Kennedy did cut taxes and was for a strong defense. I knew nothing about his moral life at the time. I doubt LBJ was any better. Also, although LBJ did not start our involvement in Vietnam, he boosted it quite a bit. I would not have voted for either. I do remember our house getting pelted with eggs and our Goldwater signs being destroyed during the 64 election.

I know nothing about their record in the Senate. LBJ was a seasoned politican long before Kennedy. I guess Kennedy's biggest gaff was the Bay of Pigs. I can still remember being scared out of my wits by the Cuban Missle Crisis. To make my runaway imagination worse, my Dad had a bomb shelter salesman come over and explain how it worked. I grew up in Gulfport, MS.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lightyears away from the thinking of today's democrats. It's all about what your country can do for you now.

Democrats should change their name to the Entitlement Party.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's another quote which probably grates a raw nerve in Obama's social philosophy:

John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961.

My emboldening.

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/ask-not.htm

HankD

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It was a long time ago, far away. Yesterday's Democrats are to the right of today's Republicans. In 1960, or 1952, etc, we voted FOR what we thought was the best candidate. Today, we vote against the one who we think will do the most damage.

Four years ago, I do not remember if it was PBS or the History Channel, there was a mock debate between JFK and McCain. Kennedy was to the right of McCain. I think the real downhill slide of the Republican nominees started in 1988. For the Democrats, the far leftward tilt started with McGovern.

12. OldRegular

So now we know just how concerned you are about the slaughter of more than fifty million [50,000,000+] unborn children. That speaks volumes about your character but then you are for all practical purposes unknown on this board. Sadly these internet forums give people the venue to spew hateful views with no accountability.

Very sick and a poor witness!

13. OldRegular

Glad to know that S/N. From henceforth I, and I hope others, will not take advantage of your tender years! Kid gloves everyone!

JFK was much like Obama, had no record to mention in the Senate. Like Obama he was a charismatic speaker, adored by the hollywood crowd, and ??? That being said he had the ability to be a good president if he could have gotten his mind above his belt! Clinton had the ability to multitask and of course for 6 years had a Republican Congress.

LBJ is a prime example of politicians who come to DC poor and leave rich. He was a wheeler dealer from day one. I have read that his ability as wheeler dealer and liar that were successful in the Senate were a liability in the White House. One thing required of a president that is no in the Senate is the ability to make tough decisions. LBJ lacked that ability and his waffling on Viet Nam proved it. I will give him credit for understanding that inability and not running for a 2nd term.

14. General Mung Beans

While I'm not old enough to vote I'd probably have voted for FDR and Harry Truman. Maybe LBJ against Barry Goldwater.

15. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I was in the service at this time at McCoy AFB, Fl( Orlando).I would say the day before JFK was well liked by about 50 to 60 percent of the airman, after it maybe about 10 percent or less.
    As Harry Truman said about JFK he wanted to know what the people were saying, "he had his ear to the ground so much that it was full of grasshoppers."

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have to hold my nose just to vote republican and many times do not vote because of their stench not to mention the Democrats.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I've never voted for a democrat and it wasn't an easy thing what with being a member of a trade union for 20 years. You think I've been called names here?

That ain't nothin compared to what my union "brothers" called me.

I voted for George W. Bush the first time around because he ran on a non interventionist, non nation building platform. I was neoconned just the one time and I learned from it.

We have an old saying in Tennessee. "Neocon me once shame on you, neocon me twice shame on me."

Okay now fess up how many times have you all been neoconned now?

#57 poncho, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012