1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congratulations to the Cowboys for a Great Season

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Jan 6, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Dallas Cowboys for a great season - making it back into the playoffs once again for the first time in three seasons and finding their starting quarterback for the future.

The future is bright for the fellas with the star on their helmet. I look forward to the 2007 season. :)

Congratulations, also, to the Seahawks. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

Whichever team comes out of the NFC is gonna need a lot of breaks to win the Super Bowl against the AFC representative which, hopefully, will be my favorite AFC team - the Indianpolis Colts.

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Poor Romo... hehe

[​IMG]

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

My heart goes put to Romo and the CXowboys.
    Faithgirl

4. A&I

A&I New Member

Dallas

Messed up that snap plus they gave the Seahawks 2 pts in a touchback .Tough way to lose a game let alone a playoff game . Like you said they found a QB for the future .Wonder if the coach will stay on .

5. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

According to what I heard on ESPN, Bill Parcells is staying with the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is confidnet that he will.
    Faithgirl

6. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Ken, do you have the address for the Cowboys?? I'd like to send letters to some of the players. Thank you.
    Faithgirl

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

I've never liked the cowboys...even in the '70s I was a Steelers fan.

Having said that, I felt for Romo. What a way to go out.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

The cowboys face a bunch of questions.

I'm sure Terrell Owens would like the subject dropped.

Sorry, I had to do that.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The best I can find is a contact page at:

www.dallascowboys.com/contact_us.cfm

Under "Category" you can choose "Player Autographs/Fan Mail".

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What has to also be kept in mind is that Seattle would have had a little over a minute left if the field goal had been made and as poorly as the Cowboys secondary had been playing for the past month there would have been a large chance that Seattle would have driven the ball down the field and kicked their own field goal for the win.

Maybe the Cowboys should have assumed that the spot of the ball would be changed and been ready at the line of scrimmage and maybe have caught Seattle by surprise and they could have made the first down or maybe a touchdown.

Also, when I watched the close-up replay on the TV the ball looked really, really shiny. Why was that? Was it wet?

#10 KenH, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree. I have never been a fan of the Cowboys, especially after how they treated Coach Laundry.

However, I did feel bad for Romo, what a way to lose a game.

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, they were getting ready to really have a ball, then having slip through their fingers that way. I think if Romo had veered left and left his feet at the the 3 he might have made the first down at the one. Then kneel down twice, let the clock run down to 10 seconds and kick on 3rd down; that way if something happened like bobbling the snap, he could have covered the ball down and called timeout and have another shot the FG. Anyway, it was special teams; they lived by them (the kickoff return for a TD), and they died by them.

13. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

thanjk you very much.:thumbs: :applause:
    Faithgirl

14. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

I responded to the contact form and was given this address
    Dallas Cowbys Fanclub
    One Cowboys Parkway
    Irving Texas 79063
    Faithgirl

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Ken

The Dallas Morning News this morning said that the ball was new, and had not ben roughed up. It is the responsibility of the home team to rough up the balls before they are put in play. The cowboys players were not making excuses, but that point was brought out.

I had a few gripes on the zebras - seemed like one of two of them had the seahawks on a few of those calls - but then, the boys kept the point spread inside the line so... My one real gripe was the spotting the ball - how in the world can the officials in the booth spot the ball better than the official on the sideline - especailly when the ball does not get close to the ground.

Fact is - when the hawks needed a play they knew where to go - right at the safetys. TO couldnt get open - even against a banged up secondary. Hopefully the boys can address some of thier shortcomings at LB and O Line in the off season