1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservative Exodus Project

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Rufus_1611, May 24, 2007.

?
  1. ...the opposition of the third-world invasion of the U.S.

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. ...the opposition to "free trade"

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. ...the support of a moral candidate opposed secularism

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  4. ...the opposition of the war in Iraq

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. ...the support of a reduction in government.

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Conservative Exodus Pledge

(1) We oppose the third-world invasion of the United States, and reject amnesty and any path to citizenship for illegals. We support deportation, attrition, and massive reductions in legal immigration, especially from the third world.

(2) We oppose free trade, the support of which has become an ideological suicide pact. Free trade is both destroying our economy and undermining our sovereignty. Historically, conservatives have opposed free trade, and they should, but many in the GOP have been "neoconned" on this issue.

(3) We support a moral candidate, critical of secularism, who embodies the virtues of the Christian Western tradition.

(4) We oppose the illegal neocon war in Iraq. The transformation of the Middle East to liberal democracy is Jacobin, not conservative.

(5) We wish to see big government reduced in size - in all three branches - and for many offices and functions to be returned to the states, where they Constitutionally belong.

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

(1) We oppose the third-world invasion of the United States, and reject amnesty and any path to citizenship for illegals. We support deportation, attrition, and massive reductions in legal immigration, especially from the third world.

You reject ANY path to citizenship?? You just want to send everyone to their home country? And how do plan to do this?? Also, you want to reduce legal immigration too? Given this scenario, are we all willing to pay more for fruits & vegetables - that will have to be picked by US citizens, etc.?

(2) We oppose free trade, the support of which has become an ideological suicide pact. Free trade is both destroying our economy and undermining our sovereignty. Historically, conservatives have opposed free trade, and they should, but many in the GOP have been "neoconned" on this issue.

So, I assume that you do not shop at WalMart? And, you buy American products 100% of the time. Help me though ... which car is more American -- the Toyota that is built in the US, the Ford that is built in Mexico, the Chevy that is built in Canada or the Volvo built in Sweden?

(3) We support a moral candidate, critical of secularism, who embodies the virtues of the Christian Western tradition.

I don't understand what this means. Can you explain? Which candidate is the more moral candidate? Does that mean that we should consider that Huckabee is a Baptist, Guiliani & Brownback are Catholics, & Romney is a Morman?

Also, haven't all US Presidents been considered Christians? Let's see -- Bush 2 is a Methodist, Clinton was a Baptist is a Methodist, Bush 1 is Episcopalian and Carter is Baptist.

(4) We oppose the illegal neocon war in Iraq. The transformation of the Middle East to liberal democracy is Jacobin, not conservative.

So did a lot of people, including Edwards & Obama. Now that we are there, what do you propose?

(5) We wish to see big government reduced in size - in all three branches - and for many offices and functions to be returned to the states, where they Constitutionally belong.

Please explain. Exactly, what functions are being done at the federal level instead of the states?

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I do not reject ANY path to citizenship. I do want to send everyone that is here illegally home. I would intend to do this by telling everyone to leave and by drying up the free services. I am in favor of a reduction in legal immigration and would limit the legal immigration to the best talent and character the world has to offer.

I do not shop at WalMart, I loathe the place. I buy few American products as we manufacture very little anymore.

We should have focus on the content of the individuals character. Giuliani would definitely be out due to his 3 marriages, his sodomite support, his support for abortion, his cross-dressing, his negligence towards the fire fighters and transport workers etc. etc. Romney should be out as we shouldn't support folks that are members of cults. Huckabee, I'd have to look at closer but of course the one with the best character would appear to be Ron Paul.

I wouldn't look solely at their alleged membership in these groups but would advocate for knowing them by their fruits.

Getting out.

Most all of them. Consider the Department of Education, Amtrak, Women's History Commission, Medicare Advisory Commision, Social Security etc. etc. These things were not allowed for in the Constitution and are not within the authority of the Federal government.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent points, Rufus.

But I do shop at Wal-Mart weekly.

5. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

bump...................................