1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Constitution Party: New Conscience of Conservative America

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Pennsylvania Jim, Apr 20, 2004.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can the CP be the conscience of America when they are considering running a pastor for V-P in a stunning act of unconscionable hypocrisy? And what arrogance and egotism to say that one's political party is the conscience of another free human being! Next we will be hearing that the CP is God's personal choice.

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

HERE can be found a listing of the voting records of all congressmen on trade pacts.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can my vehement political enemy claim to be my conscience?

The Constitution Party gets the award for the biggest ego and the highest arrogance.

4. Pennsylvania Jim

I don't know why you would call a party with the positions of the CP your enemy, but it's a free country and you can stand where you will. Someday God will want an account from each of us.

As to the actual statement, you should realize that it's figurative speech. The CP people do not actually believe that their political party is your conscience. :rolleyes:

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Constitution Party is not the conscience of any conservative. The Constitution Party is my enemy because they have denounced everyone who is against them as I have told you before. I am against them for their opposition to the FMA and the war against terror in Iraq and for running preachers for office--to name a few. The CP is arrogant to say that they are the conscience of anyone. They got that expression from Teddy Kennedy.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

Yeah, I know. Like I said, it was figurative speech. Do you have a heart for America? If you say "no", I could accuse you of being un-patriotic. If you say "yes", I could point out that your heart is just a muscle that pumps blood.

CMG, if you have not noticed, in politics it is common practice to disagree with your opponents. I don't know that they have personally "denounced everyone who is against them", as you say. But, of course they, like every other political party, criticize their opponents. If you don't think your opponent is on the wrong track, there's no reason to run against him unless, like most Republicans and Democrats, you're just in it for your own self-interest.

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I didn't know the Republicans hired that many people. I was pretty sure they were a fairly small employer. I think the people you are referring to as moving jobs overseas are businesses. They, in the interest of doing what they are supposed to do, are moving jobs to places where they perceive they can better serve their stockholders and customers.

As I have often pointed out, everyone wants to keep jobs in America. No one wants to pay the prices that would be required to keep these jobs in America. It is the ultimate hypocrisy.
    </font>[/QUOTE]This is easy to say when you have a job that cannot be sent overseas.