1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Constitutional Crap is So Lame Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then how is being required to register at all and then also show ID not an infringement as well.

Not even a close comparison.

How do they do it in your state? In Minnesota we have to state our name and address and sign on the voter registration rolls.

What does moving or being a student have to do with having an id at the time of registering but not at the polls.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Please show us in the constitution where voting is a constitutional right.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The idea that some do not have ID's and that they cannot get one is just a liberal lie.

The motive behind not having an ID is to allow illegals to vote.

Obama has opened the borders and now illegals are coming in almost completely unfettered. And if you do not have to prove who you are anyone can vote. This is all about Democrats winning elections. And those who fail to see this are only being foolish.

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Here are few that were convicted.

http://mediatrackers.org/ohio/2013/...d-of-illegal-voting-sought-to-test-the-system

http://mediatrackers.org/ohio/2013/...-issued-for-illegal-voting-in-hamilton-county

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2427060680001/ohio-voter-fraud-conviction/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/voter-fraud-real-rare/story?id=17213376

http://www.rnla.org/votefraud.asp

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to prove residency for local elections.

I'm not understanding your question. In Minnesota we have election day voter registration, and you don't need a photo ID. If you moved to Minnesota from out of state and you don't have an updated Minnesota driver's license you can still vote. Same thing with a student that is attending college in Minnesota and grew up in another state. In the first case, you need copies of your utility bills and/or a neighbor to vouch for your residency. In the second case you need your college ID card and/or a known resident to vouch for you.

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

Its not really in there. Voting rights have been restricted many ways over the years and the constitution leaves that up to individual states. Discrimination based on race, gender, or wealth have been lawful in the past.

The law you want to look at is the 1965 voting rights act. That law prohibits establishing any "qualification or prerequisite" to voting.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how is showing proof of residency not an infringement but a legitimate id is? Why is it also not a matter of guilt or innocence with you to have to do so?

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

Check the abc link I posted, voter ID would have stopped that one.

Voter fraud happens, it happens a lot and no one wants to expose it because the cheaters are usually the winners. It happens on both sides of the political spectrum in all parties.

If you want to oppose voter ID on the grounds it discriminates I can buy that, but answer me this: Would you be in favor of stiffening the penalties when voter cheats are caught. I am talking decades in prison and loss of voter privileges for life. If the penalty were higher perhaps fewer people would take the risk. Messing with free elections should be a serious crime.

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a person is legally registered to vote in the district they currently reside in, they should not have to show a photo ID to vote. In order to vote you must be a resident of an area where local candidates are running for office.

In my scenarios--a recent relocation or a student away at college--a photo ID would show you do not live in the house you currently are living in.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your position is inconsistent and illogical.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I see that now. I also see this, from the same article:

Out of the 197 million votes cast for federal candidates between 2002 and 2005, only 40 voters were indicted for voter fraud, according to a Department of Justice study outlined during a 2006 Congressional hearing. Only 26 of those cases, or about .00000013 percent of the votes cast, resulted in convictions or guilty pleas.

How does anyone know this?

I would be in favor of stiffening the penalties, I don't know if I'd go as far as you would, though.

I primarily oppose voter photo ID laws because they are infringing on a constitutional right, or if you wish, a legal right. Then because of discrimination, and not just minorities, also the elderly. Should old people that no longer drive, no longer have a drivers license and have lived in their house for decades be required to get a photo ID to vote? I don't think so.

I also oppose it as a matter of general conservative principles. This is yet another government program that would need to be funded and administered that creates more regulations and takes away more freedoms.

Because there is such a low documented incidence rate this "solution" seems to be in need of a problem to solve.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't voting a right ONLY for citizens, non felons at that? How does one know this without the proper id?

#33 webdog, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you been hanging out with Yeshua? :laugh:

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like voter supression to me! In WV, I rented a small apt, no written contract - all utilites paid for by landlord. Guess I wouldnt be allowed to vote.

That is 40 that were caught. How many more voted illegaly that were NOT caught?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Its clear fraud takes place, and quite openly. All over the US there were districts where Romney received 0 votes, some 1, 2, etc. compared to thousands and tens of thousands for Obama.

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

And that's adequate exactly how?? Big deal. You don't think someone intent on helping to steal an election will have any compunctions about lying by signing a false signature? Surely you're not that naive?

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's quite good but you left a few facts out.

What actually happened on 9/15/01 was congress under extreme duress (fear of an outside threat either real or promulgated) abdicated it's own authority and oversight responsibility and gave Bush a blank check to wage a global "war on terrorism"

I bet Obama thanks Bush and Cheney every single day for making that separation of powers a thing of the past.

Letter of marque for OBL his merry band of cave dwellers and limited action in Afghanistan okay. I might go along with that. But not for ten years or more.Iraq however had nothing to do with 9/11 even though the Bush boys did their best to convince us it did. They tried to convince us Saddam was tied to 9/11 while trying to convince us they weren't trying to convince us Saddam had anything to do with 9/11. And all those sloppy fake news reports and the pentagon's "message force multipliers". Who can forget that? So called independent military analysts paid by military contractors giving out "good war news" on Fox News every night.

Whew those were some confusing days I'll tell ya what! I don't know who had it harder keeping track of all the lies me or the Bush administration.

Then the real constitution shredding started. I do a point by point later maybe when I have more time.

Right did it on false pretenses same as Bush and against international law as well. See how well the internationalists obey their own rules?

Well why not look at the precedents Bush and Clinton set. Ignore the constitution and international law?

So what? Americans are either to busy being frightened of the terrorists Washington trains, funds and arms or to busy worrying about protecting the good name of their political favorites who lie to their faces and laugh behind their backs.to worry about the constitution and civil liberties.

That's proven day in and day out right here on these electronic pages.

Just from a quick count in my head I'd say it's more like this.

International bankers and corporations 95

Average American 0

Next? Well that all depends on you doesn't it" You got three choices.

A tyrannical right wing NWO or a tyrannical left wing NWO or a constitutional republic ruled by law not men.

Bet I know which one you choose.

#38 poncho, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
  19. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Isn't Minnesota the State where Al Franken just fraudulently stole an election right in front of the entire nation? Wish there were some rules to have prevented fraud there :(

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was about to post this and came across your clear and succinct post so there is no need to follow up :thumbsup: