1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Correctness and Accuracy; Belief and Fact

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by born again and again, Aug 23, 2005.

1. born again and again

According to the english dictionary, objective facts are not related to faith. In other words, there is absolutely no reference to objectivity in any of the definitions of the word "faith." Is steaver now claiming tht the english dictionary definition of the word "faith" is not an accurate refcital of the english language meaning of the word?

According to the dictionary, faith is, in fact, subjective.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You beg to differ but debate nothing.

Very good! But according to Jesus Christ, you know the one you claim to be part of ("Christian"), faith is absolutely objective! But as I said, only a born again Christian would understand. See Christians (real ones) know and believe the bible is the pure words of God. Makes a huge difference when trying to debate the term "faith".

God Bless! [​IMG]

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"Given up???" Are you trying to be a comedian?
    Why not be truthful instead.
    First don't lie about "not producing any scientific facts," when I just posted quite a lengthy post that had much "scientific fact" in it. The truth is BA&A, you don't know what science is. You have failed, on repeated request, to define science. Why? Are you being ignorant, and displaying it for us all? I have asked that you not only define science, but also designate the specific scientific field that you desire knowledge from. All you desire is a game of semantics. People can see right through that.
    What science? Be specific? Sylviculture? Endocrinology? Entymology? Taxonomoy? What is science, and what branch of science do you want information from? You need to narrow your scope here.

As far as faith is concerned I gave you a definition from the highest possible authority, and you rejected that. Fact is, no matter what I say, no matter what I provide you with, scientific or otherwise, you act like an infidel ready to reject everything.
    Your dialogue is like a broken record (round and round the block we go).
    I study science; have a degree in science, and at least can define the word, which you refuse to do. Having said that, though I do not ignore scientific fact, it is the Bible that is my sole authority in all matters of faith and practice. You haven't given any indication to me what science is, and even if you believe the Bible to be the true Word of God. You seem to very confused.

I don't "engage in speculation." That is what philosophers do. I stand upon the promises of the Word of God. My faith is in God's Word, and in its author, Jesus Christ, who saved me from the penalty of my sin, and granted me eternal life. What has he done for you, and how do you know?
    DHK