1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could this be the stone?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by aefting, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

No He doesn't. There are no scriptures that tell you this and God is no longer in the business of new revelation.

You can believe the KJV is the most accurate and still not try to denigrate or demean other faithful versions or the people who helped produce them.

BTW, the discussion isn't about "most accurate". You and the others make it about "only".
    </font>[/QUOTE]Reject your conscience? If so, you ignore the Holy Spirit's instruction.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't you see the KJV is alive for almost 400 years?</font>[/QUOTE] The KJV has existed for 400 years. It has never been "alive". The Latin Vulgate is 1400+ years old, why not it? The Geneva pre-dates the KJV, why not it?

Age is not the sole determining factor on accuracy. If it were then your argument would be completely defeated because neither the oldest mss (the Alexandrian) nor even the oldest Byzantine mss agree completely with the KJV.
    Nope. I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say here. :confused:

The KJV cannot die because it was never alive. The Holy Spirit is alive and He quickens the Word in the believer but that is true with any faithful version of God's Word that is used in faith.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No He doesn't. There are no scriptures that tell you this and God is no longer in the business of new revelation.

You can believe the KJV is the most accurate and still not try to denigrate or demean other faithful versions or the people who helped produce them.

BTW, the discussion isn't about "most accurate". You and the others make it about "only".
    </font>[/QUOTE]Reject your conscience? If so, you ignore the Holy Spirit's instruction.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You might be Spirit led to use the KJV. That's fine.

But it does not invalidate other versions of the Bible. I use several versions together and believe firmly that the Holy Spirit Himself has led me to this method of study. I believe without any doubt that the Spirit has used this to lead me to a greater understanding of the scriptures and a deeper relationship with the Lord.

4. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    I read every one of the Scriptures you provided while ago, and there's not the first word of support for the KJVO myth in any of them that i could see. If I'm missing something, I'm sure you won't mind enlightening me about what I'm missing in those scriptures. Please start with just one of them, or a few that go together to make a context.let's deal with specifics & not generalities.

It is not for me to give you understanding of the scriptures. Please refer to John 16.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

5. michelle

michelle New Member

Heb. him, i. euery one of them.

This isn't anything from ME; these are THEIR words. But YOU know more than they did about the Hebrew they were translating; therefore if their translation doesn't fit the KJVO myth, they blew it.

You're getting in over your head, M'am.

You show me the footnotes and opinions of men. Now I show you from the words of the Lord:

Psalms 12

1. Help, Lord; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
    2. They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
    3. The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
    4. Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
    5. For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
    6. The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    7. Thou shalt keep *THEM*, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
    8. The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

(*_* my emphasis to show you) - you see He preserved exactly what He willed and had corrected in the very verse that you question regarding the promise of the preservation of His words! Then you give the opinions of men as your proof to say he didn't.

michelle

6. michelle

michelle New Member

Acts 12
    3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)
    4 And when he had apprehended him, he put [him] in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter (pascha) to bring him forth to the people.

Luke 22:1 Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover (pascha).

Hank,

Pay close attention to these two samples, and you might just notice a difference, and then you will see why God chose Easter to be the correct rendering there, and not passover. God's words are perfect and this is not an error, otherwise God would have seen to correct it shortly thereafter.

Please refer to Leviticus 23:4-6

michelle

7. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Michelle,

We've told you over and over that the them refers to the people and not the words.

Those of us who actually can read Hebrew without picking up the Strong's have explained over and over the etymology of Lucifer.

I'll never question your love for the Lord or His word but I question your ability to actually discuss it rationally on an intellectual level. You hear only what you want.

8. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle,

We've told you over and over that the them refers to the people and not the words.

Those of us who actually can read Hebrew without picking up the Strong's have explained over and over the etymology of Lucifer.

I'll never question your love for the Lord or His word but I question your ability to actually discuss it rationally on an intellectual level. You hear only what you want.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe what the Lord has preserved for me and generations of other believers and trust HIM understand that HE chose to use the rendering "them" and the rendering "Lucifer". Just because you question/doubt it, rather than believing God, and "think you know better" the Hebrew and make your "own judgement" as to what you "think" God said and/or meant in our language, based upon your own intellect doesn't mean a thing to me. You can tell me all you want that in the Hebrew that the word horse is really supposed to be a cat, and it wouldn't mean a thing to me. You see, YOU ARE NOT MY AUTHORITY, nor ANY MAN. The Lord is my authority, and the Lord has given us HIS WORDS and the Lord has given me also understanding of this. Please refer to John 16.

michelle

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some simply cannot understand truth, since it flies in the face of their man-made faith in a man-made English version.

And 20 page limit has been reached. Thread closed.