1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Council for Biblical Manhood and Woman - a bunch of busybodies?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by go2church, Mar 1, 2005.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I cheer on UTEP Miners, so I totally get the orange thing!

2. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know much about the Council. I don't get my doctrine from them anyway. They could be a good group and they could be bad. I do not know. :confused:

I do my best to abide by scripture. If someone hates the Biblical Council on Manhood then they must disagree with the husband being the spiritual leader in the home. I bet Promise Keepers is viewed the same way as the BCM by some.

I have never taken a "Holier than thou" tone with anyone here and especially my wife. Some people do take this scripture out of context and bully their wife. I know of a minister in another denomination that was entertaining the regional overseer in his home. He told the overseer to "watch this" and he poured his drink out all over the floor in order to show how submissive his wife was. The overseer was outraged and made the minister clean it up.

When taken correctly both the husband and the wife have a healthier relationship when the husband is the leader in the home. I don't talk down to those that disagree with me but I also believe it to be out of line to say I control my wife because I am the spiritual leader in my house. I find that insulting and completely ignorant that people pass judgement on how the dynamic of my family works without knowing my wife and I and seeing how respectful we are one to another. This is just my 1 cent.

In Christ,

Brooks

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Knox = Marv Knox, editor of the Baptist Standard, just made the connection!