1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Court rules school officials acted properly in strip search

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 29, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone besides me think that this school went too far?

Court rules school officials acted properly in strip search

By Diane Saunders, Staff Writer

Safford Middle School officials did not violate the civil rights of a 13-year-old Safford girl when they forced her to disrobe and expose her breasts and pubic area four years ago while looking for a drug, according to the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling.

The justices voted 2-1 in favor of the Safford School District on Sept. 21. The decision upheld a federal district court's summary judgement that Safford Middle School Vice Principal Kerry Wilson, school nurse Peggy Schwallier and administrative assistant Helen Romero did not violate the girl's Fourth Amendment rights on Oct. 8, 2003, when they subjected her to a strip search in an effort to find Ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory drug sold over the counter and in prescription strengths.

- rest at www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-Freedom.htm?At=024361&From=News

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Unbelievable!

3. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Insanity. complete.

4. kubel

kubel New Member

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.​

5. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

I think they went way to far.

6. BearTheCross

BearTheCross New Member

At The Schools The Devil found his way inside now security is Nationwide

This does not surprise me in The Least. We are losing our Freedoms in America from once we had before. Amendments are not things are changing for the worse. I was Homeless on The Street for example. and though I posed No Threat to any Citizen or drinking. I took a nap at the park. . The cops told me to leave. i told them i have no home. . They did not care.
    Security Checks are being put up all over the place. maybe even more than you actually realize how much you are being watched.

A Strip seach happens at School. but let us consider the Violence that happens at School. Drugs Knives Guns and more kids are able to get their hands on.

This is where the real trouble lies at. . I am not happy that they have to do a strip Search on a young Girl. . if they thought she was guilty. they should have called The Police to come and bring her to A Juvenile facilty to be Questioned and Searched under those who keep law in order.

I dont believe it is The schools job to do this.

But with some shootings that have taken place at School. Security is increasing in Schools nationwide. I dont know whether the police gave them permission to do this.

But if more big shootings happen at school or and such The law may give schools the right to become like officers. or that The school needs to hire on campus Police securty.

The School is a Battle Ground now where GOD is not Taught and Laughed about.

Satan has a lot of leeway on School campuses now. keep reading on. more and Great and Worse is going to happen at Schools.

Please dont think i am not being with compassion.

I do care but i am not allowed on any campous to save any of the school Children. . and i know it is a dangerous place to be now. if you have kids and have enough money i would advise trying to put them in a Christian School. . This way there is a lot better Chance your Child will be safe. and there wont be any strip searches.:thumbs:

7. Joe

Joe New Member

IMHO, this story is deceiving. It states School Officials were looking for the over-the-counter drug ibuprophin.
    This drug is not abused, it is taken for headaches!

I see three women, a "threesome" type sinereo, sexually violating a child for the purpose of getting their jollies. It also may have been taped. Grrrrr....

This Nurse, Vice Principal and Admin Asst. (aka female pedophiles) will likely continue violating innocent children until prosecuted.

There are actually many female pedophiles, but I don't think they are usually as pressuring and determined as male pedophiles. More compassion
    involved creating a more consensual situation.

Sadly, this is as authoritative as it gets. A Vice-Principal, School Nurse, and Admin Assistant committing the crime.

The media is often inaccurate so who really knows what happened.

#7 Joe, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007
  8. Joe

Joe New Member

I am sorry to hear you were homeless. Sometimes our homeless go to jail for trespassing or loitering. It's difficult.
    People are arrested for DUI for ingesting a tablespoon of cough syrup, or just sitting in the car after drinking a few beers (also considered DUI so make sure to sit outside your car). If our State comes up with enough DUI's at the end of the year, or whenever that fiscal year is, they get the funds matched y the Federal Govt. I personally researched this, making a graph about 5 years ago of the round robin of $$ going thru the system, much involving NHTSA. This is a TEA Grant for all the States, but I know around here, it's greed. People also get arrested for not having car insurance, and sometimes go to jail. When I was young, one usually had to do a lot to get arrested. The Cops often let people off for drugs, violence etc..It's certainly safer here now.

We live in the foothills so you pretty much have to drive to work. No driving= no $$ for shelter and food. No choice there. Most of the Cops are good people, but eventually if you are homeless, you will be arrested.

This is why I am concerned about people having too many kids, I am mainly scared for their welfare. It's not like the olden days, not around here anyway. Being poor is a crime now. Sadly, this is listed as one of the richest Counties in America according to Wikipedia.

#8 Joe, Sep 30, 2007
  9. Joe

Joe New Member

Sorry about the back to back posts...
    This school has a history of sexually abusing kids by School Officials.

I guess I wasn't too far fetched in my post above with my concern about voyeurism.

Scroll down about 1/3 at the website or just read below
    http://www.mysouthernaz.com/march06Archive.htm

FORMER SAFFORD MIDDLE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL ACCUSED OF FILMING TEENAGE GIRL IN WASHINGTON

A former Safford Middle School Principal has been accused of taking at least 100-videos of a nude and partially clothed 15-year-old girl at his home in Port Townsend, Washington, Tuesday.

Rex E. Whipple, who is now principal of Chimacum High School in Port Townsend, Washington, was formerly charged with "voyeurism", Tuesday, in Jefferson County, Washington, Superior Court. Whipple appeared in front of Superior Court Judge Craddock Verser in the County Jail in Port Hadlock, Washington.

Voyeurism is defined in the charge as photographing or filming a person without their knowledge or consent, while they are in a place where they would have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Whipple's wife turned her husband into authorities after finding out about the videos. She learned about the videos from her daughter-in-law while Whipple was visiting Arizona, a report states.

The daughter-in-law found the videos on Whipple's school laptop computer. Whipple told the judge that he had lost the laptop on his return trip from Arizona. Judge Verser raised concern that Whipple might be a flight risk and ordered bail set at $25,000. Whipple was arrested Monday and was carrying almost $4,000 in cash. He had allegedly discussed leaving Wednesday for Hawaii.

In Washington State, voyeurism is considered a Class C Felony and carries a penalty of up to five years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine.

#9 Joe, Sep 30, 2007
  10. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Given the virtually unregulated authority drug laws grant, it's not surprising when *stuff* like this happens.

11. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

This is awful. Schools don't care about the rights of students.

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Does anyone else here think we should find out more information about what happened before passing judgment?

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

No. But, it does show one more reason to NOT send your kids to a public school.

15. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

After reading the court description and decision I can find no compelling reason to do any search of students outside of the presence and contact of the parents. The public school system in this country continues to usurp parental authority. And such a judgement from the most liberal and overturned court in America does not surprise me in the least.