1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Css VS HTML

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by DavidsAngel, Sep 9, 2004.

1. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

I 'm wondering all those webmasters out there which do you find the easiest in using and which one offers the most options in your opinion?

CSS= Cascading Style Sheets
    HTML=HyperText Markup Language

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CSS for me. Tables sometimes behave erratically in HTML, but not with CSS.

3. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

That is very true. I find a blend of both to be ideal. Well except in cases of CGI scripts, then it's css all the way with hardly any html. Although I do use the Colors in html Always. I find they give a better rage of variety.

4. Shammai

Shammai New Member

I like css a lot.

I use a relative link to a style sheet and then update that sheet as I need new styles. I still like defining the body color in html as I found some browsers act odd with css. I know there is a standard, but compliance still is a little "fuzzy" (check your pages in Netscape and IE, for example, and then pick up Opera, and Firefox, and Mozilla and watch the subtle differences...)

5. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

Yes i've noticed tat Firefox is about like netscape in translating Css which means sometimes it just cannot do it. Which is why I like HTML for those effects.

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

There seems to be some confusion in the original question in that CSS is a language much like HTML. This is not true. It is a support for HTML to provide consistency throughout the website. Sure, CSS is better, if you have the time and do it right. Just my two-cents.

7. superdave

superdave New Member

I am just getting proficient at html and css, it seems to be easiest to use a blend of the two.

Some browsers do interpret css differently, although the latest versions of firefox seem to be comparable to any other browser in regards to compatability.

As long as the web designers actually verify their code to be compliant to standards, it should be fine, its really a matter of the proper coding of the sites. If I have to use IE to view a site, its not worth viewing.

CSS allows very quick changes across multiple pages on your site, and can make changes to the look and feel very easy. I have not started using css to make tables, although I have used css in the table tags for formatting. It looks more complicated, but seems to have advantages, any experts on that out there?