1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D--Do you consider yourself...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, May 23, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

a bitter person, and if so, about what?

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

No, I don't, but I'm also wondering if bitter people know they are bitter. I've known some that just seemed to be in such a sink-hole of bitterness, they couldn't see it.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I am bitter against a few people who hurt my kids emotionally. I was in a tough situation, and both used me to provide them with manual labor or money with the promise of helping us out, which never happened. Both gave Christmas presents to the kids and then took them back. Weirdness. It's like a trademark of scammers or something? People who are going through hard times become easy targets, and it's hard not to be angry at those who took advantage of me and my girls.
    I am bitter because whenever it comes to mind, I struggle with thoughts that aren't very spiritual, and I take some comfort knowing that in at least one case, the one lady involved went through a very unexpected and difficult time immediately following her actions. I can't help but think God had a hand in that.

Is that being a bitter person? I don't know. I don't think I am on a daily basis. I go through periods of depression, but unless something like this brings up the thought, I don't really dwell on the past or have it come to mind in my daily life.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Not bitter--just discouraged.