1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Data base paper

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by mcdirector, Jun 8, 2006.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I'm taking a course right now on electronic communications.

I did a bibliography on PHP which was a challenge the deeper I got into it.

I also have to write a paper and thought I'd write it on a complementary issue, Data Bases like MySQL. We have not had these loaded on the server at school where I do the web page, so I'm a novice. I've been pushing to get PHP and MySQL loaded so I can do more with the web page -- so this work for my course is an effort to educate myself.

So:
    Do you know of sites, articles, white papers on data bases to help me eliminate all the junk.
    What data bases do you use? Were they thrust upon you or did you have part in the chosing?
    What do you personally use databases for? I know they can be used for search engines, photo albums, forms. What am I missing here that I can research?
    Is there anything you'd add that would take me in another direction?

Thanks for your help. :applause:

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, you need help. Here we go. If I had a snail mail addy I'd send you the paper to write your paper on, but other than that I am totally no help :laugh:

I've been hearing about changing websites over to mysql and snooped a little and found little understandable information on it. Not that it wasn't well written, just that I had no idea what they were talking about.

I think I could use it if I knew something about it, so will be watching with interest, seeking some USABLE posts :type:

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, I am sitting here chuckling! Especially since my paper is virtual :laugh: (Well, it is a course on electronic communications! :tongue3: )

And I gotta tell you, the PHP bibliography made my head hurt. I was ok with the tutorials, but you can't do an entire bibliography on tutorials. It was like when I went to Chile and thought the Spanish I had in college was good enough. UHHHHHH??? twasn't nearly.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Bitsy,

Go to http://techrepublic.com.com/ and they have lots of whitepapers. You have to register, but it is free. And yes, the double ".com" is the correct URL. Along the top menus is a "Whitepapers" selection.

Good luck with your assignment!

MP

#4 Magnetic Poles, Jun 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006
  5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Thanks MP!

I'm off to register!