1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dating & Courtship

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jana Scott, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Milady

Milady New Member

Who can find a virtious woman?.........apparently he found one. And waited as Jacob did ( but not a`that long)
    Anyways, those are my thoughts.
    Milady

2. mnw

mnw New Member

So your 18th birthday exempts you from being a youth? That makes me old...

From the information we have it just seems the situation could have been handled better. And who knows, maybe steps are being taken to dispel any doubts.

Of course, everyone's hopes are that both are sincere and that the Lord will bless and use them.

However, faithful are the wounds of a friend...

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, OK, but when they’re mature enough to get over their fears in talking to Dad first and find my daughter’s attention important enough to face the music and learn the rules then they might have a chance to further the relationship; otherwise they are too socially inept to be in this particular pursuit and the big deal is in the wrong park.

#23 Benjamin, Jun 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard that. One teaches their children the value of remaining pure and then worries about their disappointments later in life being unable to find any selection with likeminded values and with just as pure an innocence. My daughter, 14, has already said that hardly anyone she knows sees or respects the value of purity and was concerned enough to ask me if I thought it would be alright if someday she married someone who hadn’t remained pure beforehand; of course she could but what a shame and what a predicament. We have had many discussions about her witnessing to others, teaching them the importance, and telling young men about the loss of respect she would have for them engaging in such behavior and lessoning their chance of a closer relationship with her. If they are truly interested they will listen to her respecting these values toward her and themselves.

I think this type situation calls for Christian parents being creative in helping their children to impress to their peers the meanings and blessings of a godly love, I’ve suggested even pursuing the ones they may be especially interested in to impress these values to them in hopes that they will understand and be around including both friends and a perspective mate in the future. But for an older person to have the attitude to snatch a still pure young one up before they’ve had the chance to fall in temptation just seems kind of cheap and punk to me, sorry all, I just don’t see that as a productive solution in the problems of the world.

Yes, we need to make plans, a lot of preparation is in mine before they ever get to college though, scary thought, oh man!