1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dating Question Two

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 11, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

How much age difference is too much age difference?

How much is too much if the girl is older than the guy?

2. Joy

Joy New Member

I did 19 years older and 4 years younger. both relationships failed because of the age difference. It wasn't biblically wrong, but cultural and maturity issues made it very tricky. In the end, waiting for the right one was the best.

3. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

There is five years difference between my husband and me. I think it works out very well.

It is my very personal belief that a woman is often better off marrying a man who is atleast 3 years older than she is, and is established somewhat in life (i.e. finished college, secured a dependable job, etc.).

When my husband and I married, we had known one another for 3 years, though we were a couple for just less than 2 years. I was almost 19, he was almost 24. He had been through college, and had worked at his job for 1 1/2 years before we got married. I think this is what made a big difference for us.

So, to me the question isn't so much age, but maybe where you are in your life??

4. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

Well while i would not be all for a 70 year old man and a 18 year old girl together, i guess two people within the same generation would be where i'd cross the line. I'm more after someone my own age or within a year or two. We just had a girl in our college group get engaged to a 27 year old (she's 19). Most of us really wonder about it....

Until next post, Adam

5. John Wells

John Wells New Member

The younger the couple are, the more a significant age difference COULD make a difference. Case in point - my own marriage: My wife is 12 years younger than me, but when we married, I was 45 and she was 33, which has not presented a problem at all. But had we met and married when I was 25 and she was 13, then I would be "Chester the molester!" :eek:

6. Joy

Joy New Member

Historically, Jewish marriages took place between much older men and young women. I've heard that Isaac may have been forty years old when he married a teen-aged Rebecca! Mary may have been as young as 13 or 14 when she bore Christ. This is no longer common or considered the "norm" in our culture, but it was very common and normal not that many hundred years ago!

Before, I neglected to say the my husband is 2 years older than me. My father is 7 years older than my mother. :D