1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dating

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Dec 18, 2012.

?
  1. 18

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 16

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  4. 15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 14

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At what age should teens be allowed to go on an unchaperoned date?

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Teens should be allowed to date at age: 35

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

18 or 19......................

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My oldest daughter hasn't dated yet but my second one is currently dating her second boyfriend. Her first was when she was 16 and he was a really nice boy who she met through youth group - but it turns out he was not so good. She broke up with him and decided that she wouldn't date until college. She is now 20 and is dating a boy her age also from church. He's a great young man who has been in ministry and we like him a lot. They are both in college (juniors) so it would be a few years before they can possibly move the relationship further but they are going slowly anyway. :)

For us, the age was 16 but I think that might still be too young. I understand the "group dating" but for individual dating, I think it needs to be a bit older because there are temptations when you are growing closer with someone and at 17 years old, you are NOT ready to marry. So better to wait so that when your relationship gets to a point of being ready to move to the next plane, you can get married. ;)