1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured David Jeremiah's next prophecy book

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 26, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sorry OR, you know I :love2: ya, but it is not hogwash. Only 69 weeks of Daniel have been fulfilled. What happened to the 70th week??

2. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please tell me this is not going to turn into a discussion on dispensationalism

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Sorry. Can't tell you that. :laugh:

It's the nature of the beast...er...board.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And I :love2: you my sister. And the 70th week followed the 69th of course.

The 70 week prophecy recorded in Daniel is a very difficult passage of Scripture to understand. This is especially true of the 70th week. But to base a doctrine on a faulty interpretation of that passage, possibly instigated by Margaret MacDonald's supposed special revelation, is blatant eisegesis.

I will discuss/debate eschatology with those who are dispensational. We are both likely to be wrong. However, for people to argue that the mission of the Incarnate God, Jesus Christ, was to establish a Messianic kingdom for the Jews, that He failed in that mission and established and died for a parenthesis Church is, to put it mildly, bad. I would remind all that shortly before the Crucifixion the Incarnate God, Jesus Christ, told God the Father: I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.[John 17:4]

If Jesus Christ finished His work did He come to establish a Messianic kingdom or did He come to die for the Church?

Got further tells us through the Prophet Isaiah:

Isaiah 55:11. So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God's Word will accomplish that which He intends.

God again tells us through the Apostle John:

John 1:1, 2, 14
    1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2. The same was in the beginning with God.
    14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus Christ is the Living Word, sent forth to do the work of God the Father and He fails? No! No! A thousand times No! He could not fail according to Isaiah! He could not fail because he is the Incarnate God!

God tells us through the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Hebrews:

Hebrews 1:1--3
    1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

There will be no further revelation from God. Rather when Jesus Christ returns in Power and great Glory [Matthew 24:30] He returns without sin unto salvation.[Hebrews 9:28]

Got carried away a little Amy.G but people read things into the 70th week of Daniel that are not there and then ignore other passages of Scripture which are much more direct. The Church for which Jesus Christ died is not an afterthought, not a parenthesis [Walvoord], not an intercalation, [Ryrie]not an interruption of God's program for Israel. [Pentecost] and that is the truth!

#24 OldRegular, May 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

YUUUUP!!!!.......Dave Hester style!!!

6. OldRegular

Since this about Jeremiah's prophecy books how can it not be about dispensationalism??

7. OldRegular

You are shouting convicted1, big time. That is reserved for the sisters; I assume they still do a little shouting!

8. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. Dispensationalism is a modern invention of man that causes one to have to jump through so many esigetical hoops in order to make the system appear to work that it is quite sad.

9. OldRegular

Couldn't have said it better myself!

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I agree with you (except about the 70th week :smilewinkgrin:) and I don't like to be called a dispensationalist because that puts me into a box. I can prove the 70th week is yet to come, but don't have time due to having to go out and fertilize my pathetic lawn today.
    How's that for a good excuse? :laugh:

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh boy. Is that what happens when you get "Old" and "Regular"? :laugh:
    You just think you know it all! :wavey:

12. OldRegular

Anything in a storm!:sleeping_2:

13. OldRegular

Amy.G

There was a time in my days as a young Christian that I thought I knew a lot about Scripture. The older I get the more I come to realize that there is more in the Bible than mortal man can comprehend. I have mentioned a retired Baptist pastor who was in my SS class. Often he and I commiserated about this truth.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yeah, me too. I "knew" a lot of stuff that I now know I didn't really know o_O LOL

Especially now that I teach SS (don't worry, I don't teach dispensationalism :laugh:), I realize that it's not really me teaching at all. Twice there have been roadblocks preventing me from being prepared for a lesson. (family probs, job, or just not being able to get my head around it), and both times God gave me the message the day before and I prayed and asked Him to just take over and let HIS words come through me. Both of those times God did just that and the class was just awesome. I take NO credit for it at all! But God was in that class without a doubt! I wonder if God deliberately prevented me from doing my "normal" over-thinking and over note prep. (?) just so that He could show me that it is HE that does the teaching, not me, if I will only get out of the way.

15. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Re Old Regular's comment about David Jeremiah's dispensationalism, he may or may not be aware that Jeremiah has been charged with plagiarism, especially in his book ESCAPE THE COMING NIGHT. Visit Google or Yahoo and type in "Thieves' Marketing," and "Appendix F: Thou Shalt Not Steal" is also shocking and informative in regard to unauthorized copying. If these two articles are too unsettling, readers may want to read only "Islam will purify Jews and Christians" which says a lot in a few words. I only want to see all true believers united in truth and in His Word.

16. OldRegular

A man in a SS class I was teaching gave me Escape the Coming Night several years ago. Could not bring myself to read it.

17. 12strings

12strings Active Member

No Christian should ever write a book about the end times...

EVER!!!!! :thumbsup:

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Um...John? :D

19. OldRegular

Well said.

I have no problem with commentaries on the Book of Revelation though I may disagree. However, I believe that it is improper to to play on the emotions/fears of people with books like the "Left Behind" series by LeHaye and Jenkins.

20. 12strings

12strings Active Member

EDIT: "No Christian <WHO IS NOT SPEAKING WITH DIRECT INSPIRATION FROM GOD HIMSELF" should ever write a book on the end times... EVER!!!! :thumbsup: