1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Limbaugh on Fred Thompson

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Jan 18, 2008.

1. leesw

leesw Member

Fred Thompson — Reliable Conservative

By: David Limbaugh

Comentators are citing the unpredictability of the Republican primary contests as proof that Reagan conservatism is dead when precisely the opposite conclusion is warranted.

The main reason the conventional wisdom is being shattered in the primaries is that conservative voters, so far, have not been persuaded there is an electable, reliable conservative in the race.

But as I've stated before, I believe Fred Thompson is a reliable, consistent conservative. There are others in the field I could support, but not without some reservations. The more I learn about Fred and observe him in action, the more convinced I become that he's the right choice.

I was among those who urged Fred to step up and prove to the people he wanted the job. Regardless of whether Fred actually had "fire in his belly," the unmistakable perception out there was that he did not, so I encouraged him to add a little spring to his step.

But I've also appreciated Fred's unwillingness to be somebody he is not. He will not respond like a puppet when a debate moderator tells him to raise his hand to signify a childishly simplistic approval or disapproval of a certain policy. He will not be goaded by interviewers into saying things he doesn't feel comfortable saying. He won't divide us with class envy or pretend we can be friends with rogue regimes or terrorists.

He does not promise a chicken in every pot or pander to liberals on global warming.

He will not otherwise tailor his positions to suit the demands of particular constituencies. For example, he has the courage to preach that Social Security is in trouble, but unlike most others, he doesn't surrender to the oppressive populist seduction to urge government fixes for it or for healthcare. Instead, he courageously tells us — if we'll listen — that the answers lie in greater market forces. (Listen up, conservatives.)

Fred does not run from his record; more to the point, he doesn't need to. He shoots straight without the constant self-serving reminders that he does, as in telling us he's driving the "Straight Talk Express."

More importantly, Fred is right on the issues, and there's little doubt his positions are firm. Research his stances; read his position papers. You'll find he's very strong in all areas important to mainstream conservatives, including national defense, taxes, spending, life, immigration, federalism, appointing originalist judges, healthcare, and education. FULL ARTICLE

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Fred Thompson scares people because he has the most consistent conservative message and record. He's the most Reaganesque, and probably the most federalist of the candidates. He scares the pseudocons and liberals.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Fred Thompson doesnt scare me at all. I simply cannot in good conscience support a candidate that belongs to a group of international elitists that are working to undermine the U.S. constitution and merge the USA, Canada and Mexico into a North American Union. Nor can I support a candidate that is silent about USNORTHCOM merging the militaries and surviellence apparatus' of the USA, Canada and Mexico into one north american military surviellence police state.

Fred is an internationalist who supports state and international controls that will expand government and reduce liberty. Hardly conservative.

My candidate is an American who supports the expansion of liberty and limiting government. That's conservatism.

Talking about being Reaganesque...did Ronald Reagan ever endorse Fred Thompson?

Besides, even with the easily hacked Diebold voting machines and a hostile press beating him (when they aren't ignoring him) up every chance it gets Ron paul is still beating Thompson and Guiliani at the polls. Thompson and Guiliani would have had to combine their votes to beat Ron Paul last time. If anyone is afraid it's Fred Thompson and Rudy Guiliani and their military industrial complex and establishment handlers.

Ron Paul would rock their anti american transnational monopoly order but good if allowed to become president of these United States and that scares the daylights out of em.

#4 poncho, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ron Paul will not be the next President -- thank the Lord !

6. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

That was my impression of him too until Coulter bashed him for pardoning Clinton and pushing McCain's campaign finance reform. I still think he's the best candidate among the top five but a whole slew of militant conservatives can't stand him.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are these "militant conservatives" ? Can you name any prominent ones ?

8. Ivon Denosovich

Ann Coulter.

ETA: I like Fred, FWIW.

9. Ivon Denosovich

Almost forgot, Rippon, Dobson accuses him of lying on Hannity & Colmes. Search for it on YouTube.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Other than Ron Paul this is true.

11. redbelt

redbelt New Member

He may be conservative, but what did he do in the Senate? What major legislation did he author? Lately when I have seen him on TV, he seems arrogant and snobbish.

Some have said his recent energy has made him electable... calling others names (liberal) while not having anything to champion about his own accomplishments seems weak and sophmoric.

Of course he just might be Huckabee........ in Nevada..... wow!

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say that no Paul supporter ever thought he would become president. I don't know about the rest of them here but as far as I'm concerned and even though it pains me to say this because my country and the people will suffer even more under the internationalist establishment...we'll be the ones saying we told you so after the next north american don is chosen to represent not the people but a foreign power in disguise.

I've heard that the Lord hates a fool but he must love them for all he made.

And if you think the Ron Paul revolution will stop just because another globalist poser is installed as CEO of the United States you got another think coming. The Ron Paul revolution has global appeal! How many of your one worlder candidates can say that about their message? This is just the begining! :smilewinkgrin:

Oh yeah and if you have blonde hair blue eyes and a spotless record watch out because you could be with the new "white Al Qeada army". Been telling you for a while now that we the people are the terrorists the "international community" fears most...comrade. It's just a matter of time media manipulation and 24/7 mental conditioning you'll be begging for a scientific dictatorship to save you.

And if we're yet still able in those days which aren't that far off we'll tell you we told you about that too.

#12 poncho, Jan 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2008
  13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ooops........

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, that's your opinion of Paul. I do not share it, nor do most. But it is certainly your opinon and you are entitled to it.

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ron Paul is certainly more conservative than Hillary Clinton who looks like the establishments choice. And at this point it's starting to look like he's the only one with the ability to beat her. McCain and the rest all have pro war stances and that's not what the majority of people want. That's how the dems got control of congress remember. McCain will probably beat Romney and Huckabee...and if it comes down to McCain vs Clinton who do you really think will win?

So in the end it's either Ron Paul or Hillary Clinton. Which do you prefer?

#15 poncho, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008