1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David Wilkerson: An Urgent Message

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by LadyEagle, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victorious

Victorious Member

OOPS! Couldn't edit...repost

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Wilkerson prophecy brought back to mind a dream I had some years ago.

In the dream, the east coast, north of Va, East of PA, had an earthquake, all power lines, all "pipes" in the ground, (water/sewer/gas) were broke, all interstate "Bridges" fell,

the only way in/out of NY was by "Helicopter".

Was it a "vision" or just a dream, I don't know, but I'm still watching.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Yeah Ed, its hard to believe that God would leave you "out of the loop":laugh:

AJ

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just went to NJ from Long Island and back. The "only way in/out of NY was by helicopter" is fact even today. :laugh: Took me 2 hours to get home from Staten Island - with no traffic it would take me about 40 minutes.

6. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

True story here.

Last summer back home (way down south), we were going home from church, and the police had the main highway blocked. They were letting two mother ducks and two groups of baby ducks cross the road. This was the first traffic jam we experienced since the cows broke the fence and got out back in the 70's.

I guess the urgency of prophecy depends on where you live.

AJ

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

No, I merely noticed you mentioned gardening.

I am a farmer who also raises a garden, and who likes heirloom varieties, especially tomatoes, and specifically including the 'Stone' variety, which my father used to raise, but I have difficulty in finding, these days. They happen to be a very good "canning tomato" wiht their size and keeping qualities, FTR. The question was not meant to be either particularly "edifying" nor "meant to tear down" but was asked for information purposes.

FTR, my friendly local Walmart does not have Stone tomato seeds. Nor does my local Southern States, nor do any of the local hardware or farm stores, or even any nurseries that I'm aware of, around here.

Ed

#67 EdSutton, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
  8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I'm not claiming to be either "in the loop" or "out of the loop"for that matter on the subject. But I will claim to have not seen this POV expressed anywhere else, in this same manner, so it causes a large warning light to start flashing, for me, anyway.

Ed

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, several of the bridges in and out of New York are not "interstate "Bridges"," including the Brooklyn, Broadway, Williamsburg, Manhattan, Bayonne, Outerbridge Crossing, and several more on the north end of Manhattan. However, all three tunnels are (or were intended to be) 'interstates'.

Perhaps the road map in your dream needs to be updated. :D

Road fan, Ed

#69 EdSutton, Mar 10, 2009
  10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's been two days..what calamity occured? The only one I can think of are the millions of lost people who passed into eternity these past 2 days.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can I just ask a question? Why does Hawaii have interstates?

:laugh:

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"Certainly, you may ask!"

Signed, Language Cop

"Well, I can see that ol' LC is in one of those moods, again." :rolleyes:

Signed, Ed

Now, as to the question.

For the same reason that every other state, DC, and PR have Interstates.

The Interstate System was legislated by Congress, into law, more than 50 years ago, and the roads in that system were designated as Interstate Highways. This has to do with the initial method of funding these roads, not where they traverse, at all.

And yes, I assure you that both PR and AK also have Interstates just as the 'continental' 48 and DC.

Would it surprise you to know that usually, there are actually several more Interstate Routes that are located entirely within one state, than the number that actually cross state lines? That is true for the Eisenhower Interstate System, as a while. And yes, that is entirely true for New York, as well. ;)

Ed

#72 EdSutton, Mar 10, 2009
  13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Then why call them 'interstate"? LOL - It makes no sense to me.

Yep - Long Island has the Long Island Expressway - Interstate 495 which goes into NYC and stops. It's only in NY. :)

14. Beth

Beth New Member

yes

I wouldn't pay much attention to what he says either. I researched him a while ago, and have chosen to put him aside.

Beth

15. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

So are routes I-87, I-88 (E), and several other "threes" such as I-295, 678, and several others around or into several of the major cities in NY, located entirely in the state of NY.

An "Interstate" is not necessarily, nor does it even need to be "interstate" when "Interstate" is a proper noun (or adjective), and/or designation.

Ed

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, let's see what time has told in regards to Wlkerson. Here are some "predictions" he got wrong:

He foresaw an economic crisis and collapse that would lead to one world order, but said it woud be Europe, not America.

He predicted total collapse through the by the end of 1999, followed by an economic collapse in 2004 (2004 ended up beng one of the strongest economic years).

He claimed America would “die” August 1998.

He claimed that religious broadcasting would be put to an end by 1999.

He predicted Reagan would leave office in disgrace.

He also predicted that, by the end of the 70's nudity would be a normal thing on mainstream television, and that nude dancing would be a feature in churches. Well over 30 years has passed. Nudity is not featured on at any rate mainstream US TV, and there are certainly no nude dancing in churches.

17. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

*rubs eyes and rereads the post again*

Johnv? Is that really you? Man, It's been a long time since you've been round these parts. Welcome back. :)

18. Allan

Allan Active Member

Apparently you don't watch TV after 10pm. :(

Most shows that are 'editted' movies, playing after 10pm, leave in topless scenes and rear ends of either s*x, and have for nearly 19 years or so. Well I should state the last 7 years we haven't had a TV, but since the 90's it has been because, in my teen years we only had basic cable, and my cousins and I would sneak on our TV's and watch certain shows we knew had these types of scenes - and were seldom disappointed.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I usually don't watch tv past 10, no "butts" about it. Granted, there are shows that indeed show brief rear ends, but frontal nudity is not shown even on late night commercial television. Even if there are occaisions, it doesn't remotely come close to Wilkerson's failed predictions.

Still waiting for nude dancing in church.

BTW, on a sidenote, I often wonder if we have done ourselves a disservice by equating nudity with eroticism. In other countries, they dont' always go hand in hand. DIfferent topic, I suppse.

#79 Johnv, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
  20. Allan

Allan Active Member

I wasn't defending Wilkerson, just so you know, but was correcting your comment of "Nudity is not featured on at any rate mainstream US TV"
    , which in your post back to me agree you were not entirely accurate in your previous statement. We are NO WHERE near as bad as British TV nor others, I will grant you that :thumbs:

It doesn't matter if we do nor not, God condemns it and that is where it stands resolute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.