1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deacon Letter to Family.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by carnau, Oct 23, 2008.

1. carnau

carnau New Member

I am a new Deacon at the FBC where I live. In our first deacons meeting it was told that we need to get a letter out to all our family's. Our church has 12 deacons and they are voted in. Each deacon is then assigned families as a part of there deacon family in the church.

I have typed out 10 letters it must be to my members and yet I do not like any of them. I have searched the Internet for samples, so that i can get a good idea of what one should look like, but I am not that great at the Internet (if thats how you would say it).

My question is, Where can i find a few sample Letters? I do not plan on copying them, just getting a good Idea of what I should put in it.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris.

2. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Brevity would certainly be in order. People most likely will not read a lengthy letter. I would intoduce myself, give them contact information, add a note of appreciation for their participation in the church, and offer any services you might render to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

What dh said ;).

• Like Like x 1
  4. William Stephens

William Stephens New Member

Faith:
    Baptist

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, you don’t like the letters.

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I might offer a suggestion.

The next deacon's meeting, suggest that besides family letters, that the deacons put together a list of what gift they have and that list be included in every family letter. For example:

Fred - business man, gifted in conflict resolution.

Henry - public school teacher, gifted in communication.

Bill - plumber, gifted in drips.

Fred - electrician, gifted in lighting up dark places.

Clyde - tinker, good at small repair jobs ​

Use humor in order catch the attention of the elderly.

Some deacons are not good at handling troubled home situations, nor are they good at helping widows with small maintenance needs, yet others carry the tools with them, regularly.

A "Call Me" list is a great way to get the deacons personally responsible in a manner in which they are gifted.