1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debate with brotherly love

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DJ N'LyTe, Oct 29, 2007.

1. DJ N'LyTe

DJ N'LyTe New Member

I know someone is going to pick this apart cause its already happened to me numerous times on here, but Im use to it, cause I speak with atheists on myspace all the time. My question is Why do we argue so fiercely and degrading to fellow believers over trivial subjects. I love to debate as much as the next but geeze wheres the dignity. Ive been to a couple threads on here and the way we speak to each other is like we all hate each other. Do we forget that Jesus is the way, the truth, the life, and anything else isnt going to add up to a hill of beans in heaven. Did we forget that while were all in here biting each others heads off theres a dying world out there. Why is it when we disagree on something its eather the other person is of the world or a pharasee. Saying all that to say this if i was not a Christian and stumbled in here Id never want to be a Christian if what we represent is all this hate. Think about it. But as Ive had pointed out to me in here maybe Im wrong cause after all Im immature in the faith and only been a Christian for two years now so what do I know.

2. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

:thumbsup: Very insightful! I have the same opinion concerning how believers speak to each other, here and on other boards. We need to remember that we are all on the same side, or at least we should be. Love Jesus, live for Him, debate topics if you must, but realize that others are watching...and the devil laughs whenever he sees believers tearing each other apart.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Mostly because we are so thin-skinned and hard hearted that we take everything we said as a valid criticism and everything said about us as a vicious attack.

And that is because we think more hghly of ourselves than we ought to think.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why aren't you writing or speaking words to that 'dying world out there' instead of 'biting heads off' in here, then?

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

You just proved C4K's point :thumbs:

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

First welcome to the BB from the Great Pacific Northwest. Next just keep doing what you are doing. Critics are easy to find. Workers and doers, now that's another thing.:thumbs:

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K nailed it!

Also all those who name the name of Christ aren't truly His, and their attitudes so reflect.

You may be immature, but with this insight you've proved you're light years ahead of many others!

Hang in there m' friend, and God bless you!

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Let's all go out and get a phileo fish sandwich together.

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

:laugh: Ok, I admit it. I cracked up on that one. :laugh:

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

LOL I don't know whether to be insulted or pleased. As a grand dad saved 33 years it has been a while since I have been called "immature."

But, from a guy old enough to be my dad I guess this is okay :).

11. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I may be way off base here, but I think he was talking to the originator of the thread. IMO he said that you nailed the reason, but was responding to the OP. Just my take on it, but I might be the one misreading it. :confused:

12. Allan

Allan Active Member

He was speaking of DJ N'Ly Te.
    See, look at his OP:

13. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Allan, not to hijack this thread but I have something funny to say about your picture. I have never really looked at it close, and I usually sit far from my computer so I can't see it very well. But until tonight I had always in glancing at it quickly thought it was some little boy riding some kind of animal. The animal had it's tail sticking up, and the boy was holding it by a leash. I am embarrassed to even say it, but I thought it was too funny not to mention. Then tonight when I actually looked at it I felt like a real goof ball. :laugh:

14. Allan

Allan Active Member

LOL :laugh: That WAS funny.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Ah man, you guys popped my bubble :). I was feeling young for a few minutes there ;)

I never was a good comedian - I mentioned being thing skinned in my post, then posted as though I were think skinned...oh well, gonna learn to not try and be funny one of these days. At least thats what my kids hope :).

#15 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2007
  16. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Hey, you're right! I saw the same thing! Now that IS funny! With regard to the OP, I think people do this because its easy to argue with someone when they're not actually face to face with you..won't get thumped that way!

love,

Sopranette

17. DJ N'LyTe

DJ N'LyTe New Member

Way to go Alcott

MY WORDS 1st LINE= I speak with atheists on myspace all the time. did you read?

18. DJ N'LyTe

DJ N'LyTe New Member

???

You may be immature What do you mean?

19. DJ N'LyTe

DJ N'LyTe New Member

Whats Up

Hey, you guys are awesome. THANKS I like to debate, I think its fun and i learn alot. Im use to slander of course if you talk to athiest or God haters on myspace you have to have tough skin so Im not too harsh on them or non-Christians I usually keep my debates professional and try to show them Christs love. I do have to admit to sometimes having a problem with pride and when Im insulted by fellow Christians it boils inside of me and I feel like I should verbally assault back. I dont know why I can maintain my cool with non-Christians and cant with Christians, maybe its because I expect it from them??? or maybe its because I think we should know better??? I cant explain... oh well GOD BLESS

20. lightwait

lightwait New Member

Hi all,

My first post...

I am a Christian. I am looking for a "home" board for the very same reason expressed in the OP. I am tired of the Christians fighting with each other with death in their eyes/posts.

I am thirty years as a Christian and I have lots of things to talk about and learn. If my thoughts are incorrect, I would like to be given the truth without judgement.

The Bible (I read the KJV) says to prove all things—the term disprove is not in the KJV. I look at it this way—when a person tells me that black is white, I believe the Bible suggests to show that person something black and something white so they will know the difference. I believe we are not to call them dirty rotten sinners for not knowing the difference—after all, they may be color blind.

Anyway, I am here because I would like to discuss, with other Christians, the do's (dos) and don'ts of Scripture so others (non-believers) can see the Spirit of Christ in our language and our approach to one another.

Blessings to all...