1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Def Leppard and Mike Huckabee Perform Together on Fox News

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Jun 19, 2011.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Article and Video Link

I thought this was interesting. Mike Huckabee is one of my favorite Republicans. He's so cool that he can rock out with Def Leppard on his bass guitar. Mike Huckabee has inspired me to learn to play that song.

One of the things I like about Mike Huckabee is the fact he plays the bass guitar. He's one of the reasons why I decided to start. I wanted to learn an instrument but didn't want to pick something too complicated. I started in March and I'm making steady progress because I have a good teacher, I pay attention to what he says, and I practice everyday.

[Side note]I love being involved with music. I spent four years in my church's youth choir from 2004-2008 and then I joined the Chancel Choir a couple of months before I aged out of the youth choir. That means this August will mark 7 years that I've been involved with my church's music ministry. I was also in my school's chorus when I was in high school.[/Side note]

Mike Huckabee is also a strong supporter of music education, which is a very important thing. If Huckabee were the governor of Florida, he wouldn't cut funding for the arts like Rick Scott.

Huckabee also has other admirable qualities. He cares about people and is genuine. Even when I don't agree with him, I know he wants what's best for America. He's conservative without being an extremist. He's not like all those other Republican politicians.