1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Defeat fears put Hollywood on edge

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A HIDEOUS new affliction is creeping through the ranks of America's creative community.

The further Barack Obama edges ahead of John McCain in the million and one polls that are coming out the more pernicious the nagging fear becomes.

What if he loses?

Barely a left-wing pundit, barely an Oscar-nominated softie can sleep a wink these days for fear of the race riots and international humiliation that will ensue should "The One" be defeated on Tuesday.......

.........But for others, the dread is nameless and paralysing. Erica Jong, author of the 1970s feminist bible Fear of Flying, has developed a new complex in recent weeks - the fear of an Obama flogging.

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me," she told the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera last week. "My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium.

"Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduced her to a bundle of nerves."......

http://www.smh.com.au/news/us-elect...llywood-on-edge/2008/11/02/1225560645086.html

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This will only happen if the election is obviously stolen by fraud like the last two. It will get very ugly if the Republicans try to do that again.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Who's Kool-ade have you been drinking?

In one district in the State of Florida run by a Democratic Supervisor of Elections that botched the count. Then every recount by this district, showed Bush's margin increase over Gore. They quit counting because of that.

The false information of Republican gerrymandering will cause blood to be shed and the faucet was turned on by the DNC's lies.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What are you talking about? There is absolutely no evidence that either of the previous two elections were stolen. That is simply nonsense. You are showing that you do nothing but spout old liberal lines. It is disgusting and has no place in civil conversation, much less in Christian conversation.