1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deity or Humanity of Jesus?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by TC, Apr 15, 2004.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reading on another Bible version discussion board. I ran across a KJVO poster that admitted the new MV's can be stronger in showing the deity of Jesus than the KJV. However, he said that he still rejects MV's. One reason is that they deny the humanity of Jesus. Has any one else heard of this? That is a new one for me. I have not heard anyone else say anything like it. What are some thoughts about that argument?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 5:15, NIV "But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!"

Every common MV I've seen reads similarly, except the CEV which leaves out "man".

1 Timothy 2:5, NIV "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,"

Again, every mv I've read reads similarly exceptht the bogus "Message".

I chose these Scriptures purposely from the NIV, which is the fave target of the KJVOs. There are other verses, but these 2 examples should suffice. Unlike the KJVOs, we can easily, quickly, and correctly answer valid questions.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you provide us with some examples? This is a fascinating turnabout.

4. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://pub1.ezboard.com/fbibleversiondiscussionboardkjvonly.showMessage?topicID=1908.topic&index=27

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Odd argument without basis. I'd just ignore it as attacking a straw man . . something at which the only sect is quite adept!

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Too tricky for me. The MVs (most of them) consistently identify Christ in I Corinthians as a man.

More jerking a verse from context. Paul was identifying Christ as a "second Adam," and the entire text is about Him as a man. There is no doubt, if you read the surrounding verses.

I Corinthians 15:20-22, New English Translation

Grasping at strawmen.

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The KJVOs will seek ANY argument they can in their quest to find even the least amount of support for their myth. Even thouth this was one of their more trivial and poorly-planned attempts, I didn't hesitate to answer it, as, unlike most KJVOs, I'm not afraid to answer questions, & answer them TRUTHFULLY.