1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrat Congressman Indicted

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jun 4, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

It's likely Jefferson is a crook and definite that he is a liar.

As if it really matters to anyone but you and me.:laugh:

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Notice how quickly the Democratic Leadership moved to remove him from his roles......

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Really? :rolleyes:

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I am sure you're not implying that the truth doesn't matter to the people of this board. I would say otherwise. People do want and deserve the truth.

Jamie

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No.

I'm saying you're the only one that wants to make Jefferson's lies look like mine.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

This is all I am going to say about the truthfulness of your list.

You stated:

And that is not true. It was neither true when you posted it nor now. Just because they haven't changed their website doesn't mean you posted true information. You posted what was on their site, but it still doesn't make it true.

Unlike politics, there are no grey areas in truth.

I went on and stated this:

I have never said you did it on purpose nor tried to "make their lies look like yours", but I have made it clear that what you posted was wrong. Plain and simple.

So no matter how you want to look at it, the information they have on their site, and the information you posted was false and wrong. It's you getting all up in arms about this. I have only stated that the facts were not correct/honest and you should have been person enough to admit that when it was brought to your attention.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

I also have agree with anyone that stated he is corrupt. I am not defending him or his actions and if he is found guilty then he needs to go.

Jamie

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll accept that your intent was well founded, but your statements appeared to imply more. At least to me.

Apparently not.:cool:

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1181129573313850.xml&coll=2

Ethics panel will probe Jefferson indictment
    Wednesday, June 06, 2007
    Bruce Alpert
    Newhouse News Service

Washington - One day after Rep. William Jefferson, a Louisiana Democrat, was indicted on charges of soliciting hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes to promote business projects, the House approved a Republican resolution calling on the Ethics Committee to investigate whether the accusations warrant his removal from Congress.

Any expulsion recommendation by the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct, more commonly known as the Ethics Committee, would require a two- thirds vote by the full House.

The vote for the Republican resolution was overwhelming, with 373 voting "yes" and 26 "no."

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics.asp?Page=/Politics/archive/200706/POL20070606b.html

EXCERPT

However, on the House floor, Rep. David Dreier (R-Calif.) pointed out that Republicans had already taken steps to investigate the charges against Jefferson dating back to last year before the Democrats won control of Congress.

"We've gone almost the first half of the year without any action taking place," Dreier said. "The decision to empanel a group on the majority side was made today after we got the news yesterday of the indictment. My inquiry to my friend is why in fact did it take so long to take action even after so much action was taken in the 109th Congress?"

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) responded, "Well, I don't have a specific answer for that."

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

11. Baptist in Richmond

Wow: not one but TWO responses to my comments. I am beginning to think that you are obsessed with me.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/06/16/jefferson.caucus/index.html

Notice the date of the article - JUNE 16, 2006.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't flatter yourself.:rolleyes:

Cnn reported wrong. A little less selective reading will help you.

13. Baptist in Richmond

Please provide your proof for such a claim.

14. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe you'll not find so corrupt a politician as him. May be one or two, but ALL? Now who is playing fast and loose with truth?

15. Baptist in Richmond

Carpro, I see you logged in today, and took the time to post in other discussions. Let's see the proof for your claim that CNN "reported wrong."

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

I'm beginning to think you are obsessed with me. But you always chase people for answers to inane questions.

Jefferson resigned from the Ways and Means committee under pressure. I thought every one knew that including you and CNN.:BangHead:

Amazing!

Democrats could not "strip him of his seat" even if they wanted to. It would require a vote of the entire House. A vote that never took place in 2006.

Catch up on your reading and CNN won't be able to so easily mislead you.:thumbs:

And stop chasing me.;)

#36 carpro, Jun 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After further research, I realize I was mistaken. That vote did , in fact, take place.

My bad.:praying:

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Carpro, I am so glad you confessed your errors. Now Jefferson is free to become Hillary's VP.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not?

She appointed Alcee Hastings as her Campaign chair. Bribery doesn't seem to bother her much.

20. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I don't think I am playing fast and loose at all. Washington is corrupt to the core. Are there good moments or good intentions? Yes, but not enough to out weight the corruption that is there.

Sorry, in my opinion, all politicans are corrupt. Also, corruption isn't just taking bribes in my opinion.

In my opinion:
    • Getting paid to do a job and then not doing it makes one corrupt
    • Saying you'll back or support one thing to get a vote and then running the other way makes one corrupt.
    • Using special interest as your guide to how you govern is corrupt.
    • Giving yourself a pay raise while the country's poor gets poorer and the rich get richer, that's corrupt.
    • Not following the consitution or allowing it to be trampled is corrupt.
    • Allowing our country to be invaded at our borders without doing somethng REAL to fix the problem is corrupt.
    Etc etc.. You get the point. Corruption is about more then the money in my opinion.

Jamie