1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Democrats Consider Reviving 'Fairness Doctrine'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 13, 2009.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You mean the Andrew Jackson who caused all the Indian deaths with the "Trail of Tears" murders? Is that your hero?

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I say that Ken should balance out his program with a little hip-hop. We all know how much black people hate bluegrass music. It isnt fair that he only plays bluegrass music.

3. targus

targus New Member

I think that it would only be fair to put Rush Limbaugh's show on NPR.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You don't understand. The "fairness doctrine" is a one way street.

5. targus

targus New Member

But that's not fair !!!:tear:

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for someone that supports the fairness doctrine to address this.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My show is not on public air waves.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt, I think the fairness rules would only apply to commercial stations. Stations in the 87-92 dial range on FM are only educational, community, and non-commercial. That's why you see NPR and the religious stations in that area ususally.

9. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:BangHead:Wow...Obama is upfront about his evil control over America! Now it's up to us to make our voices heard and put an end to this path of destruction he is taking our beautiful country!

Who supports this on the BB?

10. matt wade

There are plenty of Christian stations that are not in the 87-92 range and would be considered commercial stations (several owned by Clear Channel, which is certainly commercial) as well. What about those?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know, Matt.

All of the religious stations are in the 87-92 range in this area.

Frankly, Matt, I put the chances of a fairness doctrine becoming law within the foreseeble future as next to nothing.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I know this is from Canada but it illustrates a good point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRB6gqbEhaM&feature=related

Now I am no Palin supporter but I think this person should have to back up this dribble with facts or keep silent. I felt the same about accusing her child of being her daughters.

Now if average Joe wants to stand on the street corner with a sign and say this stuff then so be it. I believe the media should be able to report what they choose but I think they should legally have to be as factual as possible.

13. matt wade

Unfortunately I don't see the same low chances as you Ken. With the current group of Congress and President, it's quite possible. While the fairness may initially be aimed at political commentary, if worded the right way it could slide right in religious speech as well.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are around 20 million people who listen to conservative talk radio and if such a bill got pushed in the Congress then Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, et al, would get them worked into such a rage that the Congress would not dare pass it.

#54 KenH, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  15. targus

targus New Member

Why then were Rush Limbuagh, Sean Hannity, et al not able to get the same 20 million people worked into such a rage that Congress would not dare pass the spending bill?

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Losing a daily 3 hour radio show has an immediate impact, targus. Those opposed to some provisions of the jobs bill won't feel any immediate impact. Besides, don't conservatives that listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, et al, like the huge portion of the bill devoted to tax cuts?