1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Demonic physical manifestations

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Probably because some author said so.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, the Devil is working overtime time to get people involved into supernatural/occult areas such as UFO, Ghosts, demons, etc!

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry for being judgmental....

...you are correct, I can't make a judgment based on what I see but never personallly met.

The Lord told His followers that they could tell demons to leave, and they would leave (in His Name), however, He told them that, "go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand! Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, drive out demons. Freely (without pay) you have received, freely (without charge) give.Take no gold nor silver nor [even] copper money in your purses (belts)..." Matthew 10:7-9 - Amplified Bible (AMP)

In conclusion: What I said in my first post, was my opinion. And I stand by what I said...these people need to be told about Jesus. Their actions appear as those who do not KNOW Jesus. In fact, if I were ever to run into any of these individuals, I'd be telling them that their answer for what lies on the other side must start with them coming to Jesus.

I see several behaviors that are not in line with the Word, therefore, I can only assume that these people seriously need to have a Damascus Road experience. And if they did have this experience, I can almost guarantee you that the show would need some new cast members! :smilewinkgrin:

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I mean the noises in my house. There is no script.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Important to realise not some "magical" incarnation involved here!
    its that in the name of jesus we can have all demonic forces be bound and commanded to depart!

its the Holy Spirit in and through us that does the work, as He is the all powerful being even they MUST acknowledge and deaprt rom presense of!

NOT some word of faith mumbo jumbo, just prayers made in faith, and trusdting thatthe Lord does and will have His authority exercised, that His kingdom/domenion in in force over the house!

#25 Yeshua1, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea as to their motives. However as scripture points out, and how authors like Erwin Lutzer say, devils can harass people at will, or actually with the permission of God. Why they would harass someone I have no idea.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Authors are commentaries and there is a reason God has given us teachers.

8. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

No doubt :)thumbsup:), just don't put too much stock in them. They are, after all, men. Men can err.

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

SN- The only thing I can think of is to pray. Remember that Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

10. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Call together your pastor, deacons and the strong men of faith in your church. Have them prayer walk through your home, around your property, and encircle it with prayer and ask God's hedge of protection around. You have the power to cast out those demons in the name of Christ. Demons will not be where Christ is...we see that all through scripture.

God is more powerful than any demon, than a legion of demons. There are no such things as ghosts, there are no human "spirits" that haunt (scripture tells us that)...these are imps and demons sent from the bowels of hell to torment. Send them on their way!

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, everybody here already thinks I'm crazy because I have seen several UFOs up close in my life (completely true), so I might as well tell our ghost story. I don't really believe in ghosts, but I do believe there are spirits, perhaps demons that can manifest themselves.

Our story started in 1989 when we moved from Florida to Connecticut. My oldest daughter had a best friend I will call Susie (not her real name). My daughter would call Susie every week. Susie was a good girl who used to go to church with us every Sunday.

When school started, Susie made new friends who experimented with the Ouija Board. She told my daughter that the board really moved, and now things around her were beginning to move. I told my daughter to tell her not to play with the occult whatsoever.

That Christmas, Susie came to spend the holidays with us. She had never seen a snowflake in her life, the night we picked her up we had a big storm with 15 inches of snow. She was thrilled and played with my kids in the snow for till her hands were frozen.

Over the two weeks she was with us, she kept talking about objects moving around her, and then my daughter also said she thought things were moving. I got very angry and said I did not want to hear another word on the matter. Susie never mentioned it again and went home at New Years.

After that strange things would happen, but not very often, maybe six months apart. But my daughter would get mad and complain to her Mom that her little sisters had been in her room and thrown all her clothes around. My wife knew the little ones had not been in her room. But nothing would happen for months and we would forget about it.

Then, about 2 years later a friend was staying with my daughter. They were lying in bed (my daughter had two beds in her bedroom) looking at lights from a "disco light" I had bought my daughter for Christmas. So, they were looking at the lights and girl talking. Suddenly, the light slid across the dresser and slammed into the mirror overturning. My daughter and her friend rushed upstairs (bedroom was in the basement) and told me what happened. They were very sincere and very frightened. My daughter was a good girl, Treasurer her Junior year, and Class President her Senior year and did not make up stories. Her friend was also a good girl and is a nurse today.

But again, we forgot about it. But then about a year later my daughter shook me awake about 3 AM. She was terrified. She told me she heard a loud noise that woke her. She sat up in her bed, and saw a large candle-holder vibrating on her dresser. Then the candle-holder flew through the air right at her, hit the top of the canopy bed, flew to the floor and broke in pieces. This piece was crystal and did not easily break. I went down to her room and saw the broken glass. All her windows were closed, and we had no pets or pest problems. My daughter was so scared she would not sleep in her room for months.

A few months later my wife was downstairs when she felt a hand tugging at her dress. She turned around but saw no one. Two days later she felt a human hand on her shoulder again and told me when I got home from work.

Then about two days later my oldest daughter was going down the stairs holding her little sister when she felt someone trying to push her down the stairs. She had to fight and grap the bannister to keep from falling. My younger daughter was also swinging her hands as though she was trying to fight this invisible person.

Well, now our whole family was in an uproar and wanted me to solve this problem. I had no clue what to do, and frankly, I was just as frightened as them, but I tried not to let on.

Our assistant pastor lived on the next street and I went over and asked him to come pray for us. He knew I was serious and came right over. The first thing he told us was that God allowed this, which upset me. Why would God want some ghost or demon in our house?

Nevertheless, we all prayed and asked God to take this spirit or whatever it was out of our house. After that we never had another incident.

We never saw anything, but objects moved and my wife and daughter seemed to be the target of this "invisible person" as we called it.

All I know is that I am glad it is gone. We moved about 2 years later and have never had trouble again. But all of this lasted about 4 years altogether.

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not EVERYone....

...everyone is such an ALL inclusive terms. I am not one of those who would classify your sightings and stories as crazy.

Years ago, my first experience with a real, honest-to-goodness ghost took place in a home where the previous owner was murdered a year earlier. Of course, my wife and I were not told of the murder, and since we were new to the city, we had no knowledge of the incident.

It started out with radio stations being changed from classic rock to the country music stations (the murdered owner's favorite genre), radio and televisions going on in the middle of the night, downstairs from where we slept. My wife's son complaining of a Darth Vador like figure standing in his room at night, strange thumping noises on the stairs and in the room, the guy died in, and the sound of coins jingling.

The guy was a coin dealer, and robbed and killed for his business in that home. He was beaten up downstairs, dragged up the stairs and tortured in his bedroom until he opened the safe. He was then shot and killed.

My wife had observed this figure in a cowboy hat, throughout the home at different times over a few months, and I, of course, told her she must be seeing things, as I did with her son. It wasn't until one night, in the kitchen, while pouring me a Pepsi, that I came face-to-face with the guy, and became an avid believer in the demonic/ghost thing.

We didn't believe in the authority to cast out demonic presences, so we did move.

I believe you, Winman, because I believe we serve a Supernatural God, and if He is supernatural, and his followers speak of supernatural things likes demons, then I am going to believe, and believe in the believer's ability to cast out such presences.

As for UFO's. I am not stupid enough to believe that we could be the only life form in the vastness of this universe. However, we could explain some of these UFO's as demonic presentations to cast doubt upon God.

UFOs are a different story, but I am not going to doubt another believer who swears on their witness what they've seen. After all, I doubted my wife and her four-year-old son for more than three months, and I had a lot of humble pie to swallow down after my Pepsi pouring moment. I'm just glad I had a glass of Pepsi to make the dry pie go down easier...:laugh:

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, we never saw anyone, but we believed it was a woman who did not like other women. It seemed to target my wife and daughter, but no one else. But I did see the evidence of the turned over disco light, clothes thrown all over my daughter's room, and the broken candle-holder. I also completely believed both my daughter and wife. They were really scared and were not making this up.

As far as the UFOs, I know what I saw. These were not far away lights, but large aircraft that were within several hundred feet of me that I saw in complete detail. They exhibited performance that no aircraft we have even today can perform. On one incident there was another witness with me. I do not believe in life on other planets, I think they are spiritual manifestations, but they are real and folks are really seeing these things. I even believe they are temporarily physical and could be touched, or leave real physical evidence. I never saw any creatures, just "spacecraft" for want of a better description. That is what they are supposed to look like to deceive people in my opinion. I was not fooled, and I immediately did not like them. I think they are evil, just my opinion.

Folks can laugh at me all they want, but if they saw what I saw they would stop laughing immediately, I promise you that.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think these UFO's are probably top secret military aircraft. I saw a story in the news yesterday or the day before speaking of some aircraft that had been exposed.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

I would strongly disagree. I (and a witness) saw a large classic saucer shaped object hover motionless and without sound in front of us maybe 100 yards away.

It sat still in the sky for several minutes. It then zipped away at the most fantastic speed I have ever seen, easily several thousand miles per hour. It did not slowly speed up, but went from zero to possibly 5000 MPH instantly. This would kill a human being.

There was no mistake, this thing was as big as a house and we could see it clearly.

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

100 yds away???

motionless & without sound??

Zero to 5000 MPH??? Really??? And you were able to keep your eye on it?? Make the F-18 Hornet & F-22 Raptor east dust????

You know what I believe???

That distance was in your head!

That speed was in your head!

What you saw was seen in your head!!!!

Know what I mean???:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

17. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

He drew a picture of another he saw, it was shaped like a cigar, was flying just above the trees alongside the highway he was on.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How is this any different than a non physical entity causing a shadow or sound? Or a human being walking on water? See where I'm going?

#38 webdog, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  19. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw an old English telephone box disappear.

It was on TV.

Does that count?

:type:

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ghosts/poltergeist/knockings/voices etc ALl demonic entities at work!

UFO would be supernatural manisfestations of paranormal activites into our "space/time"

sata used to allow his servants be seen as fairies/false angels etc, but in modern age now space people, spreading religion of Aliens!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.