1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Departing from the faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Not only is the Law not a means of Salvation. It is also something the child of God is not bound to. Once we come to Christ in faith, we are no longer under the schoolmaster. We are not under the Law.

The Old testament teaches that we cannot mix Law and grace. The Law was a ministration of death. We are not under that ministration. Christ is the end of the Law for those who are His. The commandment of ordinances have been abolished.

#61 Steadfast Fred, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you say you don't observe his commandments---but you know NOT to kill---steal---covet---bear false witness.

NOW either you do all or some of these things already and have NO regard for Yeshua's commandments

OR

you observe these things and then turn right around in your BLINDNESS and reject even having to do them..:tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

3. Steadfast Fred

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
    2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband.
    3 So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
    4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, [even] to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Those who are Christ's are dead unto the Law, and the Law unto them.

To attempt to place themselves in the Law is to commit spiritual adultery.

#63 Steadfast Fred, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
  4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you cant even perceive what I am saying friend :praying:

being bound by law and keeping Yeshua's commandments are 2 diff. things

you keep Yeshua's commandments from LOVE

IF you LOVE Yeshua---then NO commandments are too hard or burdensome

the problem is that Man wants to do his own thing and fulfill the ungodly desires of the flesh and DO NOT LOVE Yeshua--simple as that :sleep:

5. beameup

beameup Member

There are 613 Commandments in the Old Testament.

6. Steadfast Fred

I know this is hard for you to grasp, but i do not kill, steal, covet, etc., because of some law that says not to do such things... I don't do such because I love Jesus Christ.

There is no Law that i have to follow that says do not kill. I don't have a desire to kill. My love for Christ is greater.

In putting oneself under the confines of the Law, one is essentially saying, Christ, i don't love you enough. I must be married to both you, and the law.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Excuses will get you NO where

shouldn't take you no time to memorize them all ???

memorize 10 a day till you get them all--YAH gave us our mind for his Glory.

oooops the hammer just hit me--cause I can memorize more myself :flower:

the ones that doesn't apply like the animal sacrifices and sin offerins anymore because of Yeshua--don't worry about them.

Yeshua gave 2 commandments in the NT---if you observe these---then you observe them all--very deep statement---BUT TRUE

the main theme is LOVE---not man's love BUT YAH'S love through man

LOVE you neighbor as yourself-that's ALL mankind
    LOVE YAH with ALL your heart,soul,mind

Do these 2 like Yeshua said to do them---and you will keep ALL the law in those 2 commandments--and will observe the 10 commandments and his dietary laws also :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

That's the whole point iv been making---you are observing the law in Love through Yeshua---not because you are bound to the law.

And if you are looking out for your HEALTH like YAH was when he told man of the clean things that Man could consume--in doing so Loving YAH and yourself also--then you will eat what YAH desires for you to eat.

Don't give me that I can eat any thing I want too---look at the health of the people in this country---wonder why ??????

Pig is the nastiest animal you can consume and brings diseases and bad health to mankind---YAH's purpose was Man NEVER eating Pig--Pig has a purpose from YAH that doesn't include consummation---just as the shrimp and lobster--study what their purposes are and youll see why YAH said NOT to consume them :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Steadfast Fred

You are wrong. Paul said for those who follow the Law, they mustcontinue in all things written in the law... Not some, but all.

That includes the animal sacrifices. They are written in the law. They also must be kept or one is cursed.

You are guilty of the law you say we are to follow. You have no right telling us to do something that you yourself don't do. Attempting to put a yoke on others that you can't bear yourself.

10. Steadfast Fred

No, i am not observing the Law. You just don't get it, do you.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We're under a dietary law still? Read Acts 10 and get back with me......

12. Steadfast Fred

As to the eating, i do eat bacon, ham, shrimp on occasion, etc.

Those dietary laws were for the children of Israel, not required of Gentiles, nor of post-crucifixion Christians. It is not that which goeth into the mouth that defiles man, but that which cometh out...that defiles the man.

You are so bent on law that you cannot truly know grace at its fullest measure.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Apparently there's one on here who hasn't departed from the faith.....:rolleyes:

14. Steadfast Fred

Acts 15 reveals we are not to be put under those Laws written in the Mosaic Law. HW is attempting to override the decision of the Apostles and the Holy Ghost.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You INFADEL!!! I kill you!! Channelling my inner Achmed......:D

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

done dealt with that verse already--doesn't mean what you are saying it does---sorry

---------------Let me explain it to you friend............................................ .............../
    First of all do you see YAH rebuking Peter for refusing to eat unclean things ?

That vision had nothing to do with Peter eating meats at all-----you misunderstand the whole text friend !!!!!

im gonna shorten this up the best way I can to you-------------------------

How many times was the vision shown to peter--------------------3
    How many men was sent to fetch peter---------------------------3
    It was unclean and against law for a Jew to be together with a Gentile--these 3 men were Gentiles coming to peter--Peter would have NEVER went with these Gentiles if it had not been for the vision--YAH was getting through to Peter that he was extending his GRACE to the gentiles also
    SO therefore Peter figured out what it meant when the 3 men arrived--and he went with them to the other Gentile man.

See friend the vision had NOTHING to do with saying you can transgress YAH's laws and eat as you please to fulfill your lustful desires as men say.
    Peter knew YAH wasn't going against his own HOLY LAWS---and Peter never ate ANY of the unclean beasts that YAH said NOT to eat.

YAH was telling Peter that he was about to cleanse that which was unclean---the Gentiles !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

He's attempting to override everything in the bible, if'n you ask me............

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

more scriptures butchered by you to keep on with your transgressing :laugh:

19. Steadfast Fred

You are right. I don't understand why this junk is allowed in the Baptist Theology section when it is clearly not Baptist Theology.

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So, God was allowing Peter to eat something unclean to show him that He was going to cleanse the Gentile, and yet, by Him doing this for Peter, Peter was still under the dietary law? God allowed Peter to break His dietary Law to show this? Really? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.