1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Departing from the faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Your other problem is thinking that there is just 1 name for the Father and Son and that is NOT correct--the father has a name and His Son has a Name liken unto his Father.

Yah is the Father and YahShua is the Son.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are deceived.
    There are over 5,000 Greek manuscripts that attest to the veracity of the NT.
    Not one of them use the name Yah.
    As long as you believe on that name for salvation you cannot be saved.
    It is only through the name of Jesus that one can be saved.
    Yah is not in the NT; neither Yeshua

#142 DHK, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
  3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

IOSHUA is in the original KJV version NOT IESOUS

see the Shua still on the end of his name NOT sus or sous

Yeshua is his name friend sorry its right there in the KJV--and men for some ignorant reason took his name out and replaced it.:love2::love2:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why should I believe some deceived and ignorant person who offers no proof. All you give is your opinion.
    First demonstrate from the Greek NT, from which the original NT was written.
    Second, if your allegation is correct:
    Give me the persons who changed it; the time and place where it was changed, some historical facts concerning how this great change was allowed given the meticulous methods of the Jews in the preservation of the Scriptures.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I have already posted it from the direct KJV bible pages---look for it and click the link and it plainly shows you from the pages of the original 1611 KJV IOSHUA

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

HERE IT IS AGAIN FOR ALL TO SEE--IOSHUA IN THE 1611 KJV

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Joshua-Chapter-1_Original-1611-KJV/

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:9 οτι εαν ομολογησης εν τω στοματι σου κυριον ιησουν και πιστευσης εν τη καρδια σου οτι ο θεος αυτον ηγειρεν εκ νεκρων σωθηση

Thi dersom du bekjender den Herre Jesus med din Mund og tror i dit Hjerte, at Gud opreiste ham fra de Døde, da skal du blive salig. (DanishB)

Romans 10:9 Namelijk, indien gij met uw mond zult belijden den Heere Jezus, en met uw hart geloven, dat God Hem uit de doden opgewekt heeft, zo zult gij zalig worden.

Romans 10:9 Sillä, jos sinä suullas tunnustat Herran Jesuksen ja uskot sydämessäs, että Jumala on hänet kuolleista herättänyt, niin sinä tulet autuaaksi;

Romans 10:9 لانك ان اعترفت بفمك بالرب يسوع وآمنت بقلبك ان الله اقامه من الاموات خلصت.

Römer 10:9 Denn so du mit deinem Munde bekennst Jesum, daß er der HERR sei, und glaubst in deinem Herzen, daß ihn Gott von den Toten auferweckt hat, so wirst du selig.

Show me where in the NT the name of Jesus or Yeshua or Yaweh or Yah is consistent. Show me in the above. They are all the same verse.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Now look that up in Romans 10:9 does it say the same thing?
    No it doesn't.
    But it is the Greek that is inspired, not the KJV.
    See the other translations that I have given above. They are just as accurate as the KJV. Don't they have the Word of God in their languages also. They all come from the Greek. It is the Greek that you must go to. You must show me the changes from the Greek.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting! Thanks:thumbsup:

10. 12strings

12strings Active Member

ORIGINAL KJV....

Matthew 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a sonne, and thou shalt call his Name Iesus: for hee shall saue his people from their sinnes.

Either you are wrong, or the KJV is wrong...which is it?

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

didn't the greek come from alexander the great ???

the jews started naming their children after him and allowing their language also--which also brought in all the traditions and teachings and pratices of the greeks.

they worshipped Pagan gods---the greeks I mean---and all them influences was brought into the jewish culture.

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I just gave the instance in the KJV where Joshua was IOSHUA.

I think ill stick with Yeshua :love2::love2::love2:

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No. Greek is a fairly ancient language. Alexander the Great no more gave Greek to the Jews than Nero gave them Latin. :rolleyes:
    What you need to know is that God inspired the writers of the NT to write down his words in the Greek language. Paul, Matthew, John, Mark, Luke, and the other writers of the NT all wrote in Greek. That is the language that God used when he inspired those holy words to be written, just as Hebrew was used by Moses, Joshua, Samuel, and others to write the OT. The OT was primarily written in Hebrew.
    The NT was written in Greek.
    It is God that chose those languages, not Alexander.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Do you put your faith in a genealogy.
    Can your genealogy save you?
    The Bible says by the name of Jesus one is saved.
    The genealogy cannot save you.

Where is this found in the NT?

#154 DHK, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.