1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Dinosaurs co exist with Man?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I don't know the lady, have never met her. I have not investigated her data or samples....neither have you. Why don't you contact her and let her know how preposterous she is.

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I don't need to seek truth. God has laid it out for me in His Word. I will continue to "point fingers" at anyone who belittles God's Word, or tries to make it subject to atheist's (both confessing, and practical) interpretation of scientific facts.

Do not come on a public forum, attack the truthfulness of God's Word, and then expect the rest of us to play nice. We are not going to. We will continually denounce viewpoints that claim the name "Christ," yet call God's Word false.

3. quantumfaith

Dont you dare make False claims that I am attacking the truth of the Word of God.!!!!!

If you Think I am attacking the truth of the Word of God, you should take it to a moderator. If they agree with you that I am doing exactly that, I will gladly sign off BB.

#43 quantumfaith, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
  4. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I am actually fairly well versed with the case. It is absolutely preposterous to believe that any soft tissue could survive 68 million years. There is simply no reason to believe that they are that old, other than a predisposition to an evolutionary time scale.

5. quantumfaith

I am not "well versed" with the case. However, I have no problems with an evolutionary time scale.

6. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Do you believe that God made the earth in six days, each consisting of "evening and morning," and thus normal days as we have them now?

Do you believe the genealogies he has written, regarding the line from Adam to Jesus?

Do you believe Jesus when He said that Adam was at the "beginning?"

If you believe in evolution, or Old Earth theories, you are indeed attacking God's word. And I will say it over, and over again, because it is what you are doing. If you want me to stop saying that is what you are doing....

Quit doing it.

7. quantumfaith

You are fine to say that I read/interpret the Genesis record of creation differently than do you, you are free to say I am completely wrong. You are NOT free to say I am attacking the Word of God.

8. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Yes I am. Your "interpretation" (which is just a way of making God's Word say something other what it says. The "Christian" LGBT community does the same thing with verses from Romans), is an affront to rationality. For you to twist God's Word to make it fit your agenda, whatever that agenda might be, is ATTACKING it.

I do not have a "different interpretation." I simply believe what it actually says, and you do not.

9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

If no animals were created according to the bible in Genesis 1 until the fifth and sixth day, and all creatures were vegetarians according Genesis 1.

Genesis 1: 20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
    21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
    23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
    25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
    30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
    31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Then perhaps by the evolutionary chart you can tell us how long before the animals died in mass and before man fell.

10. quantumfaith

I have no idea, I fall mostly into the "theistic evolutionary/intelligent design" position. So I tend to agree with the extinction event occuring approximately 65 million years ago, taking out most life giving way to mammals.

#50 quantumfaith, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2011
  11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This has been noted in other threads but just for the record:

The Theory of Evolution has biological creation under the law of death for millions of years preceding modern man - "Adam and Eve" (whoever and whatever they are in the evolutionary venue).

Yet the Scripture plainly states that death entered the world after Adam's creation via his offence.

HankD

12. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

This would then bring the question so where does scripture say God created all these animals and when did they die off?

Clearly to follow scripture on the 5th and 6th day all creatures including man were created or are you saying he recreated all creatures?

Theistic Evolution says the days were long periods of time so the 5th and 6th days God creating all creatures and giving them of the plants to eat. How would they die except for natural causes, no flesh eaters existed. Under the theistic evolutionary belief, God created all these in long period days, but the 5th and 6th day would be as seen in the bible. So are you saying the 5th and 6 th day were 65 millions years ago?

13. Servent

Servent Member

come on you guy's have'nt you seen the movie One Million Years BC

It's got to be true Hollywood say's so

[​IMG]

14. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I love this quote from Martin Luther. Very applicable to the situation...

""When Moses writes that God created heaven and earth and whatever is in them in six days, then let this period continue to have been six days, and do not venture to devise any comment according to which six days were one day. But, if you cannot understand how this could have been done in six days, then grant the Holy Spirit the honor of being more learned than you are. For you are to deal with Scripture in such a way that you bear in mind that God Himself says what is written. But since God is speaking, it is not fitting for you wantonly to turn his word in the direction you wish to go." ~Martin Luther"

15. quantumfaith

Genesis 2:17 "YOU must not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, for when YOU eat of it You will surely die.

Romans 5:12

Romans 5:12 is also clearly speaking of human sin, and by strong inference, the term "death" here likewise refers to human death. After all, no where does the Bible indicate that salvation is offered to any creatures except humans, or even that animals have souls or are capable of sin. In fact, in the creation record, animals are said to be embued with the "nefesh" where mankind has the "nefesh" and "neshama" (breath of God). Furthermore, the allusion to Adam's sin in this verse argues that it too discussing spiritual rather than physical death, Adam did not physically die the day he ate the forbidden fruit.

16. quantumfaith

I am saying that I agree (at this point) with Dr. Gerald Schroeder's perspective that the creation event was 6 literal days, which simultaneously encompassed the approximate 13-15 billion year age of the universe, as we measure the rate of time passage at our place and velocity in the cosmos today.

17. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

before we go on to "denounce" someone for their held opinions...

PLEASE verify IF they are brothers/sisters in Christ, if they are , then the Lord will ask us to be respectful in stating to them the objections based on science/bible evidences, but we should NOT be "trashing" them...

For I am very sure ALL of us have help positions that God could "trash" us for!

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So where do you arrive at 13 -15 billion year old earth? Even most evolutionist see it as 4.5 to 5 billion years old.

19. mandym

mandym New Member

I do not understand what this means. Can you elaborate?

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

It means the 6 literal days weren't 24 hour days but a day that lasted millions of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.