1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did God use Evolutionary process to create Adam/Eve?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Jan 24, 2014.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Hank, please don't misunderstand me. I mean no disrespect toward you. I do respect your YEC position, I just happen not to share it.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I kind of knew that, I was just filling in with a little background noise.

And I also respect those who are drawn to the theistic approach to evolution.

I thought a little chimpanzee humor might smooth out some of the harshness these dicussions can engender.

And I don't pretend that there are no problems with YEC.

Thanks

HankD

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

NO!

NO!

You shouldn't even have to ask this question!

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Actually it was not Galileo's teaching that got him into trouble with The RC it was because he published in "the vulgar tongue", Italian, instead of Latin. [A Brief History Of Eternity by Roy E. Peacock]

5. Archie the Preacher

That's a somewhat deceptive statement...

I am not familiar with Mr. Peacock's work, but I am very familiar with the Galileo inquisition.

It may well be that publishing in Italian was part of the complaint, but it was that particular information getting into the hands of the commoners (read 'other than the 'reliable' people) that was the problem. Galileo was put in house arrest and force to recant the information about the solar system. He was later allowed to re-publish the work as a 'fiction'.

I will also point out the Divine Comedy, by Dante Alighieri was published in Italian (the 'vulgar tongue') in the early 1300s and no condemnation was made against Dante for his choice of language. (For his choice of who was in Hell, yes, but not for language of publication.)

Since Galileo's work was published in the 1600s, I find the statement of the language being the offending quality to be somewhat suspect.

The fact remains, Galileo was persecuted because he offered serious information that clashed with the 'accepted' teaching of the Church.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can Adam not be the first human when the Bible clearly states he was alone? He wouldn't have been alone given the hominid theory, nor would it have been necessary to create Eve from Adam. Eve was clearly the first female human...again something impossible given theistic Darwinism.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

True scientists seem to try to explain the bible away. True science proclaims it's validity, imo.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Channeling my inner quantumfaith....

9. quantumfaith

:) I would suggest that "channeling" me would not be good for your reputation.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biblical World View calls for ...

... us to believe that we were fearfully and wonderfully made. Adam and Eve did not evolve into who they were when given charge of the Garden.

However, we can't ignore the fact that bones have been discovered, that tend to contradict the Creation story, or support evolution.

In Genesis 6:4 we read, “The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.” The Hebrew word Nephilim was translated as “giant” in the very popular King James Version Bible. It comes from a root “nephal” which means “to fall” or “cast down.”

Since this was opposed to God's PERFECT design and WILL for His creation, it is possible that this unnatural act brought about humans that were mutant in their physical design, lending to the skeletal findings.

I find this one page explanation to be interesting, and here is the link - http://hannahscupboard.com/ST-fallen-angels-mate.html

ALSO:http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_Angels_mate_with_people_in_the_Bible

http://rarebible.wordpress.com/2009/03/29/sons-of-god-mate-with-earth-women/

AND the one I like: http://www.gracecentered.com/did-angels-have-children-with-humans.htm

Now before any of you jump my case, and start tearing me apart ... let me say that this is one possible explanation to support the bones of the java and peking man unearthed!

As for me, this is one more thing that we will have an answer to in Glory! We probably won't even care by that time, though! The posssiblities to explain the java/peking people can rage on. I however choose to believe that God did what I read in Genesis, and the explanation of how the others got here will probably be something we go to the grave with! Shalom! :type:

#30 righteousdude2, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And why not?????? You're my Brother in Christ, and I love you, and I am proud to call you Brother Dave. If they don't like it, then TOUGH!!

Now, are you that Brother Dave in Ohio that has a show called "Brother Dave and the Hour of Power Singers"? :smilewinkgrin:

12. quantumfaith

You have my love, respect and admiration as well. Not in Ohio though, I live in LA. (Lower Alabama)

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    perhaps, but those holding to a Theistic evolutionary belief have to deal with death before Sin in creation, mankind as special creation of God, for how did the soul evolve in just humans, not all primates?

And just where are all those transisitional fossils, should be SCORES of them in the record!

And jesus and paul BOTH affirming adam was historical human, created by god, and that there are NO other humanoids rferred to?

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. quantumfaith

And, of course, I don't have a problem with death prior to Adam, in fact, I think it is a simple fact.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so? As the original creation of God was perfect, no sin in it, so no death came, as God Himself killed first animals for the coverings!

net you will claim that humans and dinosaurs did not interact with each other!

17. quantumfaith

You are exactly right, I will proclaim with GREAT confidence that humans and dinosaurs did not interact with one another. I am very confident that humans, homos...et al did not exist simultaneously with dinos.....contrary to the Creation Museum in KY. (I think it is in KY, but not sure)

18. Archie the Preacher

Yeshua, a Question.

No death prior to 'sin'. I am understanding you correctly that by 'sin', you mean the Fall of mankind - the apple and snake thing - right?

Can you show some reason for this belief?

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Original creation was described as "very good", not "perfect".

When man sinned, death came to man. Nothing is said about animal death.

Nowhere does the Bible say that God killed animals for coverings. It says he made coats of skin.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he got the skins from?

And so you see death already in the garden, before sin entered into it?