1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dirty Politics? Todays Polititians got Nothing on our Founding Fathers.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Imagine that in the 2004 U.S. presidential election, President George W. Bush was directing the government to arrest, convict, and imprison his critics. Imagine that John Kerry was paying a scandalmonger to dig up dirt on Tom DeLay. Imagine further that John McCain was working secretly against Bush's re-election, that DeLay was plotting to replace Bush with Dick Cheney as president, and that John Edwards was conspiring to be elected president instead of Kerry.
    Unimaginable, surely. But 204 years earlier in the presidential election of 1800, that's roughly what took place. The perpetrators were the statesmen who now are virtually deified as the Founding Fathers. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Aaron Burr, and just about everyone else on the political scene were performing in a dastardly manner that Bush, Kerry, Cheney et al. would never have contemplated two centuries later.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=14008

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

We have become way too thin-skinned when it comes to campaigning today. The feminization of the American male will draw out the pioneer style women like Sarah Palin to fill in the gap left by male politicians who are way too fearful of negative press from the MSM. I look at the presidential campaign like "boot camp". If you cant take the heat, stress and strain of a presidential campaign without whining and crying about some negative attacks then you dont qualify.

3. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

While I disagree with your commentary, I thank you for posting an interesting read.