1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discord

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Aug 19, 2007.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

God wants all men to be saved and part of our message is to come to Jesus as a child. If they do not listen and do not trust it isn't because God doesn't want them to be saved, it is because of them. As the scripture teaches God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. So if they do not come they can only blame themselves.

God and His word tells us to trust in the Lord(Jesus) not our own understanding and He will direct our paths.

I don't need to understand why some people come and why some don't, But to let them know that God loved the world that He sent His Son and whosever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life

I can be like the disciple's and after Jesus telling them we are going on the other side of the lake and go through storms and not believe His word and cry for help thinking i'm going to die in the storm and be known with little faith, but be like the Centurion and believe in the authority of His word and be known as one with great faith

#41 psalms109:31, Aug 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, I can only present what I believe the Scriptures teach. I cannot do anything else.

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

There you stand...conscience bound to the Word of God! :laugh:

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

So he has "eternal life" BEFORE he/she "hears??" Yeah, that's what I been getting from Calvinists all along. Regenerated before "hearing" the "efficacious call." Really no urgency to get the gospel to them ---- "God's got it covered."

That's brilliant, Einstein! :laugh: How long did it take you to come up with that one??! Which is why free willers refer you back to SCRIPTURE and not back to Calvin!

Do you not realize that in Calvinism, you are a "mouse in a maze" trying to find your "cheese?" Yeah! See, the "blind alleys" are all illusory. "All," "whosoever," etc. -- they mean what they commonly mean, not what Cavlinism says! And the concepts like "total depravity," "unconditional election," etc. -- they're also NOT there in scripture. Does this not make you the least bit suspect of Calvinism??

So while you are running around in your "maze," we're eating your "cheese!!" :laugh:

What's so apparent about that?? No, you have to bring another false argument in -- the argument of God's will always done -- for this to even be seen! But scripture says otherwise, pinoy. Scripture says "Thy kingdom come Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven!" The only place where God's will is done is HEAVEN now, pinoy!

skypair

5. skypair

skypair Active Member

Wow! And YOU'RE in the "club?" Imagine how impressed I am!

Yeah, every Christian has a MINISTRY -- and apparently this isn't yours or you would show more "giftedness."

Yeah, but we're worried about your "calling." See, we don't believe it is "efficacious" without a decision on your part -- a "turning point" as David Jeremiah likes to title his ministry show.

See, as if on que you admit that a) you haven't chosen Christ and b) that you are in the process of "sanctifying salvation" (ain't no such thang, rip!)

skypair

6. skypair

skypair Active Member

Nah. This tells us the Paul knew of the Thessalonians election.

skypair

7. skypair

skypair Active Member

Right on!! Seems obvious, doesn't it.

skypair

8. skypair

skypair Active Member

I think your glasses need cleaning, TC. Or maybe that pompous hat fell down over them. :laugh:

God gave -- Jesus drew -- rich young ruler didn't come. You know, God gave all of creation to the Son and one day He will rule it. If the rich young ruler entered into that visible kingdom, you would have no problem with the rest of the story, would you.

skypair

9. skypair

skypair Active Member

Correction --- what he "understands" to be the word of God. It is actually quite different than scripture, BTW.

skypair

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this the SP forum ? What's the matter my flighty friend ? Isn't it possible to put all your ideas on one posting ?

To answer a silly question ( which I don't often do because of how absurd your queries are ) Yes , I am enrolled in a special club -- it's called the Lamb's Book of Life . The elect ( having nothing to do with service ) were registered there before the foundation of the world . Are you a member ?

11. skypair

skypair Active Member

This board is getting really weird! People are getting off on these "Yes it is -- No it isn't" arguments with little or no scripture and just basically pummeling each other out of ignorance. I guess rather than post as I get to them, I ought to start a thread when I get to a post worth answering, eh? Cause if not, my posts are sure to get "buried" by noon and questions or issues go unanswered and forgotten.

Anyway, great club. Hope you got a "oily" membership card to show when you get there. We were told we had to ask for one -- or better, open the door ourselves when Jesus knocks, Rev 3:20. We're pretty sure that's a sign He isn't going to break down the door or open it for us.

skypair

12. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Yes sir I am, knowing my election.

13. psalms109:31

forknowledge

God's forknowledge is anothing thing they just dismiss.

The saved are written in the lambs book of life before even the foundation of the world.

Today we are in heaven, we are just playing out what has already been done.

If God didn't know who would be saved then God woundn't be God.

It still doesn't take away the truth that God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

When true elect go out with the truth, there will be an amount saved that no one can count.

Untill we believe God and not our own understanding, we will not know that God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth

Revelation 7:

4Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.
    5From the tribe of Judah 12,000 were sealed,
    from the tribe of Reuben 12,000,
    from the tribe of Gad 12,000,
    6from the tribe of Asher 12,000,
    from the tribe of Naphtali 12,000,
    from the tribe of Manasseh 12,000,
    7from the tribe of Simeon 12,000,
    from the tribe of Levi 12,000,
    from the tribe of Issachar 12,000,
    8from the tribe of Zebulun 12,000,
    from the tribe of Joseph 12,000,
    from the tribe of Benjamin 12,000.
    The Great Multitude in White Robes
    9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:
    "Salvation belongs to our God,
    who sits on the throne,
    and to the Lamb." 11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying:
    "Amen!
    Praise and glory
    and wisdom and thanks and honor
    and power and strength
    be to our God for ever and ever.
    Amen!"
    13Then one of the elders asked me, "These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?"

14I answered, "Sir, you know."

And he said, "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15Therefore,
    "they are before the throne of God
    and serve him day and night in his temple;
    and he who sits on the throne will spread his tent over them.
    16Never again will they hunger;
    never again will they thirst.
    The sun will not beat upon them,
    nor any scorching heat.
    17For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
    he will lead them to springs of living water.
    And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey there Mr. Ps. You said : "God's foreknowledge is anothing [sic] thing [sic] they just dismiss." Well no siree ! Since when have Calvinists dismissed foreknowledge ? You need to do some homework there Buddy . Canvass old threads here --- do some investigative work beyond the confines of the BB also . Of course our definition differs from your meaning of the word . We believe God is really God . He sets His love on the ones of His choosing . He determined before the world's formation who would be saved . And , Christ , accordingly , died specifically for them . He did not die "for" those whose destiny is the Lake of Fire . His sacrifice was not on behalf of those who always will remain under the wrath of God .

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh lucky you.............

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luck has nothing to do with Divine election BB .

17. psalms109:31

Foreknowledge

See those who He foreknew and so He also predestined before the Foundation of the world are those who are in Christ.

We know who they are believers and they are meek and humble and trust in the name of the Lord. That is who God say's He will keep.

He foreknew who would so He also predestined them to be saved before the foundation of the world.

It holds truth in scripture most want to deny or change it to fit thier doctrine, that God wants all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

18. skypair

skypair Active Member

Let me just get this straight one at a time

rippon, RB, etc. ---- Did YOU answer the door when Christ knocked (Rev 3:20)? Did you receive Him into your "house?"

Or did Jesus bust down your door? Or is He knocking still??

You may be eating at His communion table but are you "supping" with Christ? If you are supping with Him, how come so much of His "food" seems to be out of your reach?? Things like "why God chose whom He chose to salvation?" Things like "knowing how sin entered into the world." Things like "what distinguishes the spirit from the soul?"

Why do you act like "servants" doing what God commands (evangelism, for instance) not comprehending what the "Master's" mind is and what His "friends" and "brethren" are telling you, John 15:15??

skypair

19. psalms109:31

Straw men.

Here some straw men

Why does one come to Jesus and another doesn't, Why is that?

That straw men is set up to ultimately say God makes the changes.

What if God does have an elect already picked out and isn't including anyone else when they hear the Gospel of their salvation that isn't already there, would the non-cals (that it seems they are being called) stop those from coming to the Lord with their message?

That God does want all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth and all they do is trust in the Lord and He will direct their path and all and the world isn't how man see it but everyone has the same opportunity through Jesus Christ.

#59 psalms109:31, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2011
  20. davidoregonJr

davidoregonJr New Member

The Lord bless you a 1000 times more as much as you have in your life now.
    amen