1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Divine Mercy Chaplet for Protestants?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Cathode, May 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I can understand some what the Protestant aversion to the Rosary, but I think a viable alternative is in the Divine Mercy Chaplet. There’s one Hail Mary in the Chaplet, the rest is addressing God The Father.

Considering the power and promises attached to this prayer, Protestantism should not be missing out on it.

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why would any Protestant need your Divine Mercy Chaplet. We can go to God in prayer anytime we want and He hears us. We do not need a formulative pray as the RCC seems to require.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, Jesus asked for it to be prayed to sister Faustina. Especially in these times.

You guys believe in a personal relationship with Jesus. Imagine having such a close personal relationship with Jesus that He appears to you and speaks to you, and desires a devotion done. That’s what happened to Saint Faustina.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that you believe the tails that the RCC gives you but that does not hold for us that are not part of your pseudo religion.

Already have that close relationship with my Lord.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So not even if Jesus asked for this devotion?

6. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Jesus said to Saint Faustina

“Say unceasingly the chaplet that I have taught you. Whoever will recite it will receive great mercy at the hour of death. Priests will recommend it to sinners as their last hope of salvation. Even if there were a sinner most hardened, if he were to recite this chaplet only once, he would receive grace from My infinite mercy. I desire that the whole world know My infinite mercy. I desire to grant unimaginable graces to those souls who trust in My mercy.”

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to believe that He came an spoke to one person you go ahead and do it. It seems the only ones that Christ visits are RCC, strange how that happens. But then again they do make lots of $$$ from all those gifts to all your saints. Very pagan of them.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, He did not. Your “sister” was delusional or had been visited by a demon pretending to be Jesus. Such a prayer is not “divine”, it is satanic.

Jesus is not the author of confusion. There is one mediator between God and man, that is Jesus. Not a priest, not a pope, not even His mother Mary.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I’ve seen the affects of this devotion, it has enormous spiritual power. Catholicism is supernatural Christianity, countless saints have seen Jesus and Mary.

There might be a good reason for that.

Not sure what you are referring to here.

10. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Demons don’t ask for mercy on mankind or to trust in Jesus, remember about the house divided. Remember who got themselves in major trouble accusing Jesus of having a demon.

So “ Jesus, I trust in you “ is Satanic ?

“ Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ in Atonement for our sins and those of the whole world “

“ For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. “

These aren’t satanic, Satan would be working against himself, which is stupid.

I know.

Each time we say The Lord’s Prayer we are mediating between God and man, for ourselves and others. “ Give us this day our daily bread “ and “ forgive us our trespasses “ and “ lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil “

Jesus even said that we could ask The Father for anything in His Name, so that would also be acting as mediators.

The mediatorship being referred to is Christ’s unique mediation between God and man on the Cross to redeem the world.

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Demons want to get your focus off Jesus. If even one line in that “prayer” is a prayer to Mary, the whole is polluted.

The fact the “prayer” comes with the lie that by saying that prayer your sins are forgiven… and yes, that s a lie. Only God can forgive sins. Mankind does not get forgiveness by performance. They get forgiveness by mercy.

And no, you cannot force God to forgive you by saying magic words that a demon influenced delusional nun claimed was spoken to her by Jesus.

Additionally, the “prayer” is full of bad theology. We don’t “offer God” the sacrifice of Jesus for our salvation. That is bass ackward. Jesus didn’t offer His “divinity” as a sacrifice. That, too, is satanic.

We express faith in Jesus, who He is and what He has done. We don’t need a priest or a pope or any magic word prayers to get God’s attention. We need only a humble and contrite heart.

Peace to you

#11 canadyjd, May 5, 2024
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sister Faustina?... I go right to the source... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which of those prayers mention Mary?

These are prayers directed to Jesus and The Eternal Father, asking for mercy.

Be careful, when you finally realise it was Jesus appearing to this nun, you will have been accusing Him of being a demon.

Jesus gave His entire self to us and for us, that is why we can offer Him and His sufferings to The Father.

Jesus taught these prayers to a humble nun so that people can make particular appeal to His great Mercy, to have Faith and trust in His Mercy.

Your prejudice won’t allow you see, you are chained to it.

14. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a great gulf between supernatural Christianity and legalistic Christianity.

15. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

Nope, your problem many here are ignoring your appeal to authority. Further, we are cessasionists.

16. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Cessasionists? Haven’t any of you done street ministry and prayed over people. Miracles are happening all the time, almost like we take them for granted.

Jesus should be working through you with power, and where there is Faith there is great power, just trust Jesus and give him full sovereignty to act through you.

I prayed over a young man recently and Jesus cured him completely, he was riddled with cancer and terminal. Don’t tell me miracles aren’t in our time. And how many times I have been protected and provided for in humanly impossible situations, and the many times Jesus sent His angels to help me.

The gifts have never left the church, how people can say that is utter blindness.

When you declare cessation, you are automatically enshrining doubt, and discarding Faith. You are living desupernaturalised Christianity, Christianity is not on the page, it is lived in power. You wedge a great stone in the channel of Grace , Grace not just for you, but for many others God sends to you.

Go out in Jesus Name, you have the Gift of His Holy Name, don’t doubt it.

Even the smallest Faith and trust Jesus can work with, like the loaves and fish. Because of His burning desire to love and help us, He will use any excuse.

The Spiritual Life operates by appropriation, we have nothing but our faith and trust in Jesus, He can’t ignore those that love and trust Him, trusting in Jesus has great power over His Heart, because His nature is Love.
    It’s a huge insult to not trust Him who loves us so much.

You are sons and heirs by Faith, you are entitled to appropriate anything in the Fathers House according to that Faith. The measure you measure will be measured out to you.

Be fully convicted of Sonship, have total trust in Jesus, speak it with your lips until it dwells in your hearts. Believe and go out in power.

17. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Grace given to you is not to remain stagnant, Grace flows and goes out to all to give life. You are the salt of the earth, you are the light of the world.
    It is not the gifts that are lacking, it is Faith that is lacking.

Cessationism is grace gone stagnant and self centred, and the gifts gone unopened. Remove that stone from your bellies, Grace must go out and express by love, healing and miracles. The gifts given to you when you first received the Grace to believe.

These gifts are not for you, these are for all those sent to you, so that they will believe, and believe in the one who sent you.

Healing and miracles confirm the Gospel we preach, if you do not believe and are doubting, the world will not believe either.

18. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Miracles are the force of our belief taking Grace, the outward expression of our Faith, where Faith is miracles are. The miracles confirm the Faith you have.

The woman with bleeding, have her Faith. The Roman soldier, have his Faith.

The Faith that wrought their miracles is the same Faith we can have today. Believe it.

For every situation, Jesus I trust in you. Say it constantly, just His Name alone acts on our soul like a bellows, throw more and more trust on those flames.

These flames take on a life of their own.

“ And he did not many miracles there because of their unbelief.”

Faith appropriates the miracle.

“Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”

Faith takes the power from Jesus, so take the power, appropriate it from Him, His power is yours if you believe. So believe.

19. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.“

Follow the miracles to find those that truly truly believe in Jesus.

If you do not believe words, believe the miracles.

20. robt.k.fall

robt.k.fall Member

I say the same to Charismatics and Pentecostals.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.