1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured DL Moody

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Dec 25, 2016.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps the difference is less how God uses tracts or literature to reveal the gospel contrasted with how He uses people to communicate the gospel and more about which one is personal evangelism. I am not by any measure opposed to tracts. But I do not know that leaving a tract on a car constitutes evangelism (here I mean the witness of the believer).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will say, however, you quoted a portion of my post that was responding to a poster who didn't know what to do with the answer, "None" when asked "What church will you be attending," as if that is a prerequisite for marriage in american culture.

And that is part of the problem in America today, culture Christianity. We EXPECT people to have the same routine as us.

Should we invite people to Church? Absolutely.
    Should we be Sharing the Gospel in whatever Capacity the Lord has given us? Even more Important.

You never know if the person you've invited to church has had a mother praying for them for years and witnessing to them every chance she gets.

My simple point is, don't be shocked when unbelievers don't want to go to church.

And Lastly(This isn't directed about anyone specifically), don't portray that church attendance is the end all be all of a Spiritually Healthy Relationship with God(to a lost person). Jesus said very clearly, "you must be born again to enter into the Kingdom of God." People wonder why there are so many lost people sitting in pews today--It's because Church folk have insinuated that Going to Church is the ticket into heaven! Go to church, if you don't you're bad. Go to church, you'll feel better about yourself and your circumstances. Go to church and you'll be a better person. How Preposterous!

#122 JonShaff, Jan 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Evangelism is personal. Casting seed, however, takes many forms.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, we say to go to church so that you can use the gifts given to you from the Holy Spirit to benefit the body of Christ. Go to church to fellowship with other believers and to grow, be challenged and be under good teaching. Go to church to be under the accountability of other believers (not just the senior pastor but others as well). Go to church to do life together with other believers.

My daughter moved to a new state in August and she found a good church by the end of September. She became a member just before Christmas. She is in a community group and has been busy pretty much every weekend doing things with a group of friends she met. The church has been such a blessing for a young women away from home for the first time and I'm grateful that she is able to use her skills to help teach the children of the other members as well as be blessed with dear friends in just a short period of time. :) I know at our church, we have tried to be the same for others. I'm so grateful for the family of God!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh i agree with all that you have you stated in the first paragraph. But many many Christians have no idea how to articulate the Reason we Worship together Corporately.

Maybe i'm not articulating my thoughts well...I'm addressing the conversation that happens soooooo often in america...believers telling Unbelievers, "You need to go to church."

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did not say Niv 2011! [Rippon/Just a joke!}

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep - Church is important. It doesn't save and people don't walk in the doors suddenly hit with a "knock you off the horse" moment and when we invite people to church, we need to bring them with US and encourage them. "Go to church" doesn't really cut it on its own. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As i go about my daily routines, i share the Gospel (literally share the Gospel, not a church invite) as the Lord gives opportunity and all too often i hear people say, "I've tried church..." And i have to help them understand, "I'm Not inviting you to church, I'm inviting you into the Kingdom of God!" And most people are shocked, like, "Wait, you are not inviting me to your church?" And i follow up that look with, "Don't get me wrong, i'd love for you to come to our Church and Learn of Christ and get discipled. But i am more concerned about the condition of your Soul before the Lord God Almighty." And i believe if we get people focused on Christ in a direct/personal way, they will consider the importance of coming to Church...learning more about this "Salvation" and "The Savior" that the weirdo at walmart was talking about.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I do witness to others, especially if they asked me, they tend revert back to the "i went to Church", but want tem to see Jesus, not church!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've said this before but our county has a pastors' group that meets monthly for prayer, encouragement, worship and sometimes some teaching. One of the benefits of this is that they get to know each other really well and from that, we've been able to tell people some church suggestions so it's not just "Come to my church" but "It's a great idea to get involved in a good church. If you'd like, you can come to ours or I have a few other suggestions that I know are good churches in your area." This way it's not about trying to pull them in but encourage them to go to a church - IF they desire to find a church.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One thing that we do that really seems to work is once in and saved by the Lord, place great emphesis on finding their place in the the Lord has for them in the body, to get involved in their ministry, as becoming members is a comitment to work in yor ministry as unto the Lord!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What kinds of tracts do you use?

13. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good news tracts from my local Mardel

14. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you post that website? Oh silly me I know of that publisher and have a number of their tracts as well. I buy them from CBD.

• Like Like x 1