1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do animals go to Heaven?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Amazing_Grace, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Stephen

Stephen New Member

(Mar 16:15) And2532 he said2036 unto them846, Go ye4198 into1519 all537 the world2889, and preach2784 the gospel2098 to every3956 creature2937.

2937. ktivsi" ktísis; gen. ktíseo, fem. noun from ktízo (2936), to create, form or found. Something founded, i.e., of a city, colonization of a habitable place. Creation, in a pass. sense, what has been created, the sum total of what has been created (Mark 10:6; 13:19; Rom. 1:20; 8:19–22; Heb. 9:11; 1 Pet. 2:13; 2 Pet. 3:4; Rev. 3:14). Denotes a particular created thing (Rom. 1:25; 8:39; Col. 1:15; Heb. 4:13). Refers specifically to mankind as God’s creation (Mark 16:15; Col. 1:23 [cf. kainem {2537}, qualitatively new, with ktísis, creation or creature {2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15}]).
    Syn.: oikodomem (3619), a building in the process of being erected; endómeMsis (1739), a thing built, structure; égersis (1454), a raising up.
    Ant.: kathaíresis (2506), demolition.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Adam,

We argue about everything else, so why not this? I mean, as good Baptists, we shouldn't omit any topic as one for possible heated disagreement and even church splits. ;)

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HankD:
    KJV Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Was looking in my Greek to find what the word "creature" was, but couldn't find it. The whole verse, I mean. Or the other verses added to the end of Mark.

Glad someone else showed that "creature" was NOT dogs and parakeets. Just another notch in the argument for those adopted Modern Versions who change it to the more generic "creation" or "created beings".

BTW, I have heard many KJVonly people change "creature" to "creation" in II Cor 5 - every man in Christ is a new creation. How can changing a word be accepted in that mindset?

4. Amazing_Grace

Amazing_Grace New Member

Okay, I think everyone needs to settle down. I never said I wasn't going to enjoy Heaven without my pets, and I certainly don't think that when I see our Heavenly Father I'm gonna say "Whoa, wait a minute-I don't see my kitties anywhere." When I get to Heaven I'm sure I'll forget all about them in my extreme joy to see the LORD.

I'm sure that if I'm still here when they pass on I'll be okay after a little while. All I was saying was that when they go, it's hard for me to believe that they'll just cease to exist. Sometimes, they seem a lot like us, except cuter.

I think everyone read a little too much into my question. I have been thinking for awhile now that they probably don't go to Heaven, I just wondered if somewhere in the Bible it said they did.
    Calm down! [​IMG]

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Grace,

Cuter--and nicer, too. ;)