1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do these scriptures deny human RESPONSIBILITY?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Skandelon, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is simply not true. Those blinded is the majority of the nation in all generations EXCEPT FOR the "elect remnant" in each generation and EXCEPT FOR the elect in the final generation at the Lord's Coming which are "all" saved due to election (Rom. 11:26-28) as the nation in the final generation constitute the "elect remnant".

Your interpretation requires the "elect remnant" to part of those blinded but Romans 11:5-7 repudiates that showing they were NEVER part of those broken off.

#81 The Biblicist, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
  2. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

This is another classic Arminian argument, though the author of the post declares ‘he is neither Arminian or Pelagian.’

I am still waiting for his explanation as to what he does believe.

The Gospel message is genuine. It does not exclude anyone.

All are sinners in need of salvation.

The Gospel message does not omit the truths of salvation, including the necessity of the new birth, repentance and faith in Christ.

Furthermore, the Gospel message is a command, not a request.

God requires all men to obey.

Today is the day of salvation....not when you feel like it.

Neither the preacher nor his hearers know who are the Elect or who are the Reprobate.

However, this we do know: Those who believe have been graciously given the gift of faith by the Holy Spirit….though they did not deserve it.

Those who disbelieve do so through their own sinful fault.

God is under no compunction to give that which is not owed.

Grace to believe is owed no man.

However, righteous justice is owed every man.

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.”

“Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

And here it is again. Truth in your view must succumb to your reason or it simply cannot be true (according to you in your subjectivity and finite mind).

Then you base the whole thing on 'receivers natural abilities' yet you attempt to deny your belief that it is according to ones own ability in other threads. It is not according to 'natural abilities' or inherent faith. Scripture denies your errors skan.

Thus it isn't according to your ideology. We only believe according to and by His power. It is monergistic, not synergistic and you still fail to understand 'not of ourselves'.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another masterful and biblical post...simple yet clear, sharp, and when read gets an amen. Compared to most posts....you and Biblicist are maintaining sanity for many here:thumbsup::wavey::thumbs:

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    yes...some try so hard to get their mind around it...that they miss what is clearly in front of them:thumbsup:

6. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Funny, I made that exact same argument against a determinist earlier....I guess its all perspective. :)

I'm arguing based on revelation, whether you believe that or not.

And you think being confronted by the conviction of the Holy Spirit through his inspired Word is being left 'to yourself,' which is sad.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, isn't it a slam on Gods sovereignty if He is not powerful enough to reach man through His Word, messengers and circumstances He arranges? What a weak God that would be if what He arranged is not enough to raise the dead.

8. preacher4truth

You're dodging the subject. Stay on track. What I've stated is true, deal with that instead of tales from elsewhere.

Whoa there fellow...those words have nothing to do with this conversation, nor do they remotely represent me. This is classic you skan, you're not dealing with the actual statements or the truth of those statements, so what you do is attempt to put words in my mouth and make pretense as if I've denied a truth about the Holy Spirit or committed sacrilege, or worse. That's a shameful accusation and behavior on your part, go ahead and put an end to it and leave it out of this conversation.

Salvation is 'not of ourselves', and you still don't see it. None of it is based on an inherent ability within man. We only believe by the power of God, and faith is evidence, not a cause.

#88 preacher4truth, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
  9. preacher4truth

I agree this is the case with some, yet I also recognize that some do see it, and they fight against it because to them it doesn't seem fair or just, therefore it must be attacked. Bottom line? Some do not like this aspect of God's Sovereignty.

10. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

The fact that you can accused me of believing that salvation is 'of yourself' and then NOT see how these comments relate to that conversation proves to me you have very little idea about what we believe and that you very little desire, if any, to better understand what we believe...enough said.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And you would be correct!

in Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "individually applied to the nation" is a self-conflicted statement.

And

Claiming that the phrase in that post

Speaks about "an irreversible condition" is not apparent.

in Christ,

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.