1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do We All have the same Kind Of Free Will as adam Had From God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Show me in scripture that it says there is a Trinity?

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you seem to neglect what is stated in Romans 10 about the zeal of the Jews, but it was not the "choice" that mattered - it was the submission.

"Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believes."

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that
    were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
    MB

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you're being silly.

The Scriptures plainly speak that After they took the fruit Adam and Eve both experience shame.

The Scriptures plainly speak that because Adam "harkened to the voice of his wife" it stands that he was not tempted.

Besides you argue not with this agedman, but with Paul, who wrote to Timothy stating, "Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

Btw, the name calling didn't end with the fall, for Adam did not give not give her an formal name other than "woman" until God sent them from out of Eden.

Man has always had a propensity for name calling. :)

#84 agedman, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
  5. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you deny the Scriptures state, "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God" in favor of clinging to your right to choose?

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because sin dwells in our flesh.
    MB

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That these people were to choose which God they would serve says nothing about free-will.....

people have choice...but their will is not free...it does not have that ability...

you can choose to jump to Saturn ....MB...... but you do not have that ability.
    your human nature with it's limitations does not allow for it.
    The people in Joshua were not being told to choose for salvation..they were already typically redeemed people....they were being warned not to apostatize.
    So try again...as you only believe what is biblical.... like this;
    Here the scripture does speak of ...self willed.....find the one that you say teaches free will as this one does...if you only believe scripture...

These self willed people make choices also..sinful choices...

The "children of men" refers to all men everywhere...not just the fool....Paul in Romans 1-3 leads up to this saying all men are condemned

#87 Iconoclast, Jan 5, 2012
  8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I wouldn't deny that but then you have to realize who said it. Psalms 14 This was a story told by David of a fool and what the fool said.
    Modern translations have placed quotations marks after they think was all that he said. The fool said there is no God but the truth is they didn't have quotation marks.
    Psa 14:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
    Psa 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
    Psa 14:3 They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

When Paul quotes it he never once said that this is the state of all men. That part is just asumed with out question.
    MB

#88 MB, Jan 5, 2012
  9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If what you claim is true then how come you have no scripture that says men have no freewill? That Salvation is not a choice? Could it be because you don't have any thing that says this?
    MB

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    MB.....because there is no freewill....it is not mentioned as something in scripture....
    I have no scripture that says men like or dislike broccoli....because that has no bearing on this issue.
    We do have revelation about biblical sin, and death by sin, that has rendered man a willing bondslave to sin..Romans 6:16-18
    Jesus in Jn 8 ..explaining to religious persons that they were bound in sin, and captive to satan...

Before I think you questioned someone about the Sin nature....romans 3,5.6, eph 2 give the biblical condition of fallen man...
    Men are commanded to repent and believe the gospel...it is a command...not an option....they are born rebels against God and will never choose God, repent or, believe......But God in mercy...even when we were dead in sin ..makes us alive......SEE IT ?
    he makes us alive, gives a new heart, then we repent, and believe as the spirit enables us.....and anyone believing and continuing to be lieve will be saved,

#90 Iconoclast, Jan 5, 2012
  11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What are you talking about?

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Fal, you didn't answer my question.

If as you say we are able to stop sinning entirely, then why has no one ever succeeded in perfect sinlessness?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If you mean sinless from birth some have. If you mean sinless from the time of their salvation some have. However most do not want to do what it takes to live that way.

#93 freeatlast, Jan 5, 2012
  14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Who? I've never heard of them. The bible says all have sinned.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Matthew 13 describes four soils, one of which has no spiritual ability, the other three soils have some spiritual ability.

Why claim it is either/or when it is both?

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There has been a many a babies born and died before they ever commit a sin. Also there has been people who accept Christ on their death bed and die soon after who I believe do not sin.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: Those are your examples? People who do not have the mental capacity or time to sin?

Name a person that actually lived a full life and never sinned.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. There was only ONE soil that was good and the seed took root and produced fruit. The other 3 soils were worthless.

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I never specified a time frame. I simply stated that it is possible. You said it was not possible. If you can go a second then you can go a minute. If a minute then an hour and if an hour then a day and so on. All sin is a choice. it is not impossible to not sin. it is a choice.
    The reason we do not want to admit it is possible to not sin is because it shines the light on their hearts.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No. I admit I sin because I stand in the light of Christ. He exposes every little imperfection in me, which cause me to run to Him for forgiveness and reminds me that I fall so short of His glory, making me praise Him for His love and mercy.

If it's possible to go a whole lifetime without sin, someone would have done it. But you will not find that person because they have never existed. The bible says so, "for ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".