1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we need more churches?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. RG2

RG2 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen a number of statistics around here that talk about how many churches need to be built in order to keep up with population, and that in many areas we are falling quite behind.

However, one interesting stat I read not to long ago, I think from Barna, was that within the next generation there won't be enough trained ministers available to fill all the positions that are currently in churches now. Not including new ones.

I do have to admit there's plenty of churches I've seen where it would probably be easier to start a new one than to try and revitalize the current. Like that article says, I've seen plenty of new church plants that have grown and thrived within a mile or two of dying existing churches.