1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you have questions about evangelism?The Way of the Master Moment Mail call Q&A

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have questions about evangelism?The Way of the Master Moment Mail call...

I very badly want to post pics of rabbits or pigs. Many here should meet Corky the pig and Corky wants quality time especially with Mitchell. But I will refuse to do so because it won't be edifying. It's not like the people here are edifying but I need to take the high road.

#141 evangelist6589, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about posting the verses from Acts 17 that show Paul using the 10 commandments when preaching to the Gentiles?

3. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like to use the 10 commandments when witnessing, in fact I probably do it about 99 percent of the time.

However God has shown me to be careful of leaning to heavily on a specific method.

I like to use specific sins and I like using a person's conscience against them to bring condemnation.

The Mosaic Law really is a good thing to use in combination with a person's conscience, mainly because it just illustrates the Law written in the heart that Gentiles have broken.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: I think that this is what WOTM was intended to do - this conviction is a sorrow that is according to the will of God, producing a repentance without regret, leading to salvation. They use the Ten Commandments because they do illustrate to an extent the law of God written in our hearts. They are, after all, a revelation of God’s own character. When properly understood, I think that ceremonial aspects of the Law are also useful. These were not just made up “willy nilly” but they point to Christ as well. I have used this to deal with the holiness and transcendence of God, and the separation that exists between natural man and Divinity.

But you are right, IMHO, that we are to look at specific sins and use the person’s conscience to show a need for salvation…that’s making it personal. Sometimes this is in the form of one of the Ten Commandments, and sometimes it is not. But we know from Scripture that our conscience already testifies to our inability to meet what our heart knows to be right. Evangelism is bringing this truth out and delivering the Good News of Christ. But we are not, and never have been, under the Mosaic Law.

5. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How Evan uses WOTM is I think not how it is intended nor would Ray Comfort endorse what Evan says on here. I am in a group in facebook that was based on Way of the Master Radio now Wretched Radio and even in that group he was out in left field. He got into an argument multiple times with one of the high ups in WOTM and I think he was removed from the group for the very same behavior we see here. If as many people agree with him as he claims he would not jump from board to board to board looking for adulation for his street witnessing.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Amen sister:D

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I were unfamiliar with Way of the Master, with my only experience with it through you, I think that I could easily mistake it for a cult. Too much emphasis on the program and authors' opinions.

8. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would have to agree with that. I'm glad that I knew about WOTM before seeing Evan talk about it on all these boards or I probably would have put it out there as a frenge idea from left field.

9. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe it or not I got into Way of The Master teaching by seeing Evan reference them.

I like WOTM a whole lot because they are doing what a lot of people are not.

I think confrontational evangelism is sorely lacking in today's evangelism.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I refrained from recommending WOTM precisely because of John’s expression of the program here on the BB. I worried that WOTM was aggressively seeking disciples at the expense of doctrine. From comments here I understand that it may not have been WOTM that misinterpreted Scripture, but instead it could have been John and his cultic devotion to the system. I can understand this by looking at his discussion of the Metzer book a while back (much of his conclusions were not really the author’s intent).

I like Ray Comfort’s video. I don’t actually find it “confrontational” but rather I see him as being straight forward. He respects the audience, engages the audience, and yes…confronts their belief system. (Ironically, this produces in John (Evan) the exact behavior he would condemn in others). So perhaps I dismissed WOTM too soon. I may have another look at the program.

My question is to you, Jordan. Having involved yourself with WOTM, would you say the others who posted here are correct or is John really presenting the teachings of WOTM? Does WOTM teach that Gentiles are under Torah…under the Mosaic Law, or the Law of Moses? Or do they suggest the use of the Ten Commandments as you have just described to explain one's sinfulness?

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I agree with Jordan. But you people always take a side against whatever I say and do. As Darrell C said I get targeted allot on this site.

You people are some of the most seriously unspiritual people I have ever dealt with.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have questions about evangelism?The Way of the Master Moment Mail call...

[snipped for ranting and attacking another poster]

#152 evangelist6589, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

I think a lot of it just seems that way to you because this is a forum where we discuss and debate our understanding. For most of us, Scripture is the deciding factor (although we often disagree in interpretation, each of us is expected to defend a held belief via Scripture). You post here but become childish when challenged and refuse to engage Scripture. That, not any disagreement, is what people find troubling.

#153 JonC, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What exactly do you agree with Jordan about?

1) I like to use the 10 commandments when witnessing, in fact I probably do it about 99 percent of the time. However God has shown me to be careful of leaning to heavily on a specific method.

2) I like to use specific sins and I like using a person's conscience against them to bring condemnation.

3) The Mosaic Law really is a good thing to use in combination with a person's conscience, mainly because it just illustrates the Law written in the heart that Gentiles have broken.

4) I like WOTM a whole lot because they are doing what a lot of people are not.

5) I think confrontational evangelism is sorely lacking in today's evangelism.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John, allow me to illustrate for a moment (I don’t want you to get the feeling that we are all ‘out to get you’ or are ‘attacking you’). Most of us here do not know each other. We interact through what we post, which can often lead to misunderstanding. It is expected that what we post will be challenged and that we are at least willing to defend our view. Sometimes people will challenge our views without really disagreeing in order to understand how it is supported through Scripture.

My illustration is this: I disagree with many on the BB. I have disagreed with Rippon and Icon over the Atonement. I have disagreed with Skandalon over his soteriological views. I’ve disagreed with RevMitchell on tithing. And these are just a few. Some of these have shown me where I have been wrong (Revmitchell, for example, corrected a misunderstanding I had on tithing….and although I still disagree with his conclusion, he did provided a much needed correction to my position). But even though I disagree with them, I respect their positions because I know that they have worked through their belief. Their belief is founded on Scripture, and they can defend their positions.

Borrowing the concept from C.S. Lewis, I cannot see that you are entitled to the belief that you hold. You have no right to it as it is not really yours. It was given to you by someone else and you’ve claimed it as your own. But you do not seem to be able to explain how it is derived from Scripture or defend it. Here, on the BB, you have a wonderful opportunity to work through and refine your position. Yet you refuse. By appearances this is immaturity on your part. My challenge to you is to take advantage of what is before you in terms of people who are willing to engage your views and explore Scripture with you. Take advantage of those who would disagree with you in order to strengthen your position. Show us that you are willing to engage Scripture.

Why not just start off clean right here and now? Look at Acts 17 and walk us through Paul convicting his audience under Torah. If you were mistaken then you are in good company here…just refine your view and continue the lifelong learning process. If you are right then you could correct our error and strengthen your position. There are no “attacks” and no losers here….except for the unwilling who present a belief they do not legitimately own.

16. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if I'm on ignore how do you know what I have posted? And what lies have I stated? And why in the world would I tell you my Facebook info?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.