1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Hold To A REAL Antichrist To Come At The End Of the Age?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Apr 21, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

First the Beast out of the sea is taught by many to be the anti-christ. But the true anti-christ is the beast from the land as he comes as a false messiah, a false prophet, who decieves the people. Anti (against) or false Christ thus the beast who is the False prophet is what is refered to as the anti-christ. Call him the false messiah or false prophet, he is still anti-christ and prophesied to come.

2. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

"Taught by many", what does that have to do with anything?

I prefer to let scripture tell me what is or isn't. In the epistles of John you will find full descriptions. To add to what John was very clear about I think is sloppy and dangerous.

Personally, I think the Church has been brainwashed by Hal Lindsey and his money machine. After he made millions, everyone else got into the act, and now it's dogma!

Ask someone in Russia to whom and when Revelation took place, or China, someone outside the influence of this modern day non-sense, they will tell you first century, in fact we know who the letters went to by name!

People misunderstand, the book of Revelation is like Isaiah, or the other prophets. They always start with the now, then in the near future, then in the distant future.

Look up Partial Peterism, not the whacko Preterism that says that Christ has already bodily returned.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Or Here where John say's

Revelation 19:
    11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Satan is caast into the bottomless pit for 1000 years then loosed when he pulls an army together,

Revelation 20: 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

notice the one on the horses name "his name is called The Word of God." Notice also "16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Sounds real clear Christ comes to earth and defeats the Beast and the False Prophet casting them into the lake of fire. Then sets up His Kingdom and finally cast Satan into the lake of fire where the Beast and False Prophet are. Nothing like this has happened.

4. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

Where is the term "AntiChrist" in this?

In regards to your "Nothing like this has happened", are you saying that you think this is literal language? Have you not read the Psalms? "The Lord awoke, and fire came out of His nostrils, the sky fled and the mountains crumbled". Did that literally happen?

75% of the book of Revelation are direct quotes from the Old Testament.

I really don't want to debate escatology, it is my least favorite topic. I will if you wish, but it bores me to tears!