1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you homeschool/ Private School/ or Public School your kids?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Joseph_Botwinick, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Molly

Molly New Member

The main reason we are considering homeschool as an option is because we want to equip them and teach them about the world,so they will be grounded in God's word and ready for what may come their way in the future. I'm not wanting to shelter them from the world,protect from some things,yes,but mainly equip them. I want to teach them to walk in God's ways and make them stronger. One day,they will be *out there*,hopefully all we teach them can make a difference.

2. suzanne

suzanne New Member

hi all,

Jumping in a little late in the discussion, just wanted to add our experiences.

We started homeschooling because the private schools were very costly and the public schools were not good. Fortunately there was a very good support group that we connected to.

10 years later we moved to a small, rural area and my oldest didn't adjust well to being out in the boonies, so he entered high school in the middle of 9th grade. We were very pleased with the teachers, although the administration was a pain to deal with. They were more interested in policy than education. Two of my other children did a two year stint in the public school and again we loved the teachers and the atmosphere was welcoming and tended to be conservative.

HOWEVER, we have found that controling the environment and education of the children was far better than what was being offered at the private school nearby (where I taught music for a while) and our local public school. I see a big difference in attitude, maturity level, independence and self-worth.

Blessings,

suzanne [​IMG]

3. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Public school for now, but homeschooling is coming in the near future...

4. Headcoveredlady

Headcoveredlady New Member

Molly,
    I am glad to hear that you and your dh are considering this. That is why we homeschool too. To ground them in the Word of God so that when they are on their own they will know what true wisdom is and be able to discern between it and the world's wisdom. We have already seen some of this fruit by discipling and teaching daily the Word of God. I have no greater joy than to know my children walk in truth.

HCL