1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Plan to....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Mar 2, 2013.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

....watch the History Channel's mini-series on the Bible?

It seems to be getting some positive promotions from some sources (e.g., Focus on the Family).

I probably will watch it, but I'm still wondering how true to the Bible's narrative it will be. The History Channel's programs that deal with such subjects that I've seen in the past tend to cast a lot of doubt in the minds of folks about the veracity of God's Word. Hopefully this will be different than those.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

A. I don't get the History Channel on my cheap Cable set up.

B. Not sure if I would if I did. If I get more cable, I will let you know.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I saw most of the first part and (for the History Channel anyway) couldn't find too much that I would particularly disagree with.

I do think that the part where Abraham's testing by offering up Isaac was a little off in that it seemed to portray the site of the offering as being very close to where he lived rather than a three-day journey.

Also, I would have liked to have seen something on Joseph, but I guess they felt otherwise.

Any other impressions?