1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think all people which never heard about Jesus automatically go to hell?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Try telling a Hot-in Tot in Africa to stare into the sky and tell you about the gospel message they see.

Are you serious?

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Duty is ours, the results the Lord's. Argument alone will never produce enough evidence to convince one who's heart is not right with God. It takes the Holy Spirit.

So what if they mock and ridicule the truth and proclaim that God is not fair? That is like a grain of sand on a sea shore, (or some famous actor) standing on the beach proclaiming "I am god!"

I cannot help but believe that if Jesus was here, He might just proclaim to you, "What is that to thee? Come THOU and follow me!"

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I'm saying that without language, people cannot share the gospel.

That in no way limits God.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

So true.
    I was reading in my mother's "Open Bible" the other day and one of the study notes (don't remember where) said that our rewards in heaven are based directly on how many people we bring to Christ. :eek:
    I thought God got the glory for that. :rolleyes:

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: God indeed will receive the glory. Just the same, God has so designed and planned the process of salvation to take place incorporating the efforts of man. I cannot help but believe that God indeed will reward us for the souls we aide in the influence to salvation, but I also know where our crowns will land ……..at His feet!

I believe the study notes and yourself both have some truth to them, and together they represent the whole truth of the matter. God has chosen to make us co-heirs with Him. As amazing as it may sound, we share as believers with Christ in His harvest. He that winneth souls is indeed wise and will be rewarded!

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Google the Gospel in the stars for yourself. The fact Satan has twisted the meaning of the true Zodiac doesn't mean it wasn't used originally to share the Gospel.

www.gospelinthestars.com

#26 webdog, Apr 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
  7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Even if the Zodiac was used as you say ‘originally’ to share the gospel, how many Hot-in Tots today could share that story with you? I can see it now as they get out their computers made of coconut shells and dried bones, and click on jungle google to prove it. I think we need a reality check. This cannot be for real.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

First, I have no idea what a Hot-in Trot is.
    Second, what it has become doesn't mean it never was what it was intended for...to display the Gospel.
    Third, God will use whatever means needed to share the Gospel. The notion that there are those who definately have never heard is a false notion.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Heard what? Show me one Scripture that states or implies that everyone has heard ‘the gospel message.’

Everyone has indeed been given enough light that God exists and some clear ideas of right and wrong via conscience, but that is NOT synonymous with having received the gospel. If you read Romans it will tell you that the knowledge they received makes them without excuse as far as their sins go, but has nothing directly to do with hearing the gospel message.

10. Heavenly Pilgrim

If no one has heard about hot-n-tots, try and get a copy of the video entitled “The Pineapple Story.” It is a story told by a missionary to a heathen land that you will enjoy immensely. You will be glad you did. :)

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I didn't know what it was either, I had to Google it and other that fishing lures, this is the only thing I could come up with.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hot-n-tots
    Person of African descent (Orginal rock-n-rollers)

Jamie

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

HP, what in the world is a hot-n tot? :) Help me out here!

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: That would be too easy. I will give you a hint. It has nothing to do with fishing lures. Keep guessing. I will tell you when you get ‘warm”, antecedent to becoming ‘hot’ I hope.:laugh:

PS. It has nothing to do with potatoes either.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...soon as you provide one that says they haven't. :)

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Ro 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

I suppose that is about as clear of a text as I can find. It satisfies my mind anyway as to whether or not all have heard. Maybe I am just satisfied easily. :)

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No fair, but here goes.
    They live in Africa. A tribe possibly.
    They are unable to see the stars.
    Warm?

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Lets’ say you are definitely warm. I am not certain about being unable to see the stars, but certainly never having ‘Googled’ for info on the Zodiac. :laugh:

Seriously, Hot-n-tot it is just a phrase (I have no earthly how to spell it correctly) that I have heard from childhood used in regard to primitive heathen peoples that missionaries have met that had never before had the gospel preached to them or even much contact with the outside world if any. I believe it could be used in conjunction with any primitive tribe devoid of the gospel message in any foreign land for that matter. That is at least that is how I always understood it.

Feel free to develop it to incorporate your own definition. Just be careful as to your explanation of it in todays political climate. :)

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well, I agree that there are plenty of people left on this earth that haven't heard the gospel. Like the hot-n tot heathens. :laugh: But, they are still able to see God in creation and if they seek Him, He will provide someone to give them the gospel, because He is good and fair and desires all to come to Him. :)

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Sounds good, but what is the Scriptural reference(s)?

Most people think that a Christian is the fruit of a Christian, but he is the vine and we are the branches, what do branches produce? More branches?

20. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Amen! Satan can distort anything that is good. Many people use this to try to say, "What's your sign?", and make it sound biblical.