1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does anybody else have the willies?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LadyEagle, Jan 10, 2009.

?
  1. YES, I hear what you're screaming!

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No, I can't wait.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Undecided or haven't given it much thought.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    An excellent point, Roger. There is none. It is just nonsense by some hyper-supporters of Israel.

2. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I wish I had had this to post on the thread about liberalism being the new worship of Baal. :D His comment in the cartoon should have been followed up with "We're all gonna die!!!"

Tim Reynolds

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God doesn't get on conservatives side. Conservatives find out what God wants and then follows him. Since abortion is against God then Presidents who support such a slaughter are against God as well.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You are absolutely correct, he changed his stance to get the evangelical vote.

When I put the candidates side by side, I consent more to the Obama agenda then I did with the McCain agenda. It was nothing negative about McCain but his parties philosophy was not what we needed in this time of crises. People are hurting and hurting bad. I know Gov can't fix our problems but those in need can tell you any help is appreciated.

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Frankly I do not believe that anyone is honorable and decent who believes it is okay to murder unborn children or just born children.

6. OldRegular

Actually you are both wrong. McCain was always pro life. The only field in which he deviated from the pro life view was in stem cell research.

LeBuick you sound like JC.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You stretched out there pretty far to make this association....

You would have had a better point if abortion was all God cared about but it seems there are other atrocities taking place that equally has God's attention. I think you would have done better to use homosexuality since we have examples of where God destroyed an entire city because of their perverted behavior. However, we have no examples of God destroying even one person because of abortion (that is not to say he didn't, just that it isn't documented).

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not so fast, listen to this short clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGUiEWZDUI

9. OldRegular

That is sheer drivel. Apparently you are too young to remember the depression when the unemployment rate hit 25% and was only ended by WWII. You apparently are too young or not sufficiently insightful to remember the misery index of the Carter years; a misery index of 25%, interest rates + inflation.

Unemployment just went over 7%. The dems and their leftist media buddies have been screaming recession ever since Bush took office. They finally got their wish. Wonder how much influence the one world billionaire George Soros had on oil prices spiking and the market melt down. It is certain that he financed the campaign of baby killer O'bama.

Sadly in a country that professes to be 80% Christian this baby killer got elected with the enthusiastic support of people like you.

10. targus

targus New Member

Yes, we understand.

You do not support abortion.

You support a politician who supports abortion.

Very tricky. Good luck with that.

11. OldRegular

If I am not mistaken most sexual perverts [like Barney Franks] find a comfortable home in the democrat party, even getting elected and reelected to congress. There is Sodom by the Sea where the democrat mayor proudly performs same sex marriages. There was Gary Studds who got a standing ovation from dems in the House, and on and on.

12. OldRegular

I posted the following on another thread but I believe it is appropriate here so at the risk of doing whatever forum rules call it I am going to post it again.

Before I post the following Scripture I want it known that I am not claiming that the USA is Israel. However, we are supposed to be a nation that is predominantly Christian. God had the following to say to Judah through the prophet Jeremiah regarding their practice of offering their children to a false god, just as the abortionists do.

Jeremiah 32:27-36
    27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?
    28 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the Chaldeans, and into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and he shall take it:
    29 And the Chaldeans, that fight against this city, shall come and set fire on this city, and burn it with the houses, upon whose roofs they have offered incense unto Baal, and poured out drink offerings unto other gods, to provoke me to anger.
    30 For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the LORD.
    31 For this city hath been to me as a provocation of mine anger and of my fury from the day that they built it even unto this day; that I should remove it from before my face,
    32 Because of all the evil of the children of Israel and of the children of Judah, which they have done to provoke me to anger, they, their kings, their princes, their priests, and their prophets, and the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
    33 And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.
    34 But they set their abominations in the house, which is called by my name, to defile it.
    35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
    36 And now therefore thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning this city, whereof ye say, It shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence;

My fear is that Jeremiah Wright, though his words were spoken in hatred for this country, may turn out to be prophetic and that his disciple O'bama may be the instrument of God's wrath.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I remember the same dreaded feeling when Lyndon Johnson won in 1964, and the relief in 1968 when Nixon won. Well, we survived Johnson, and Nixon, well, that is well documented.

I did not vote for Obama, and think the people he has picked for his cabinet and advisors only add to his warped political philosophy.

However, this is in God's hands, and there is not a thing I can do about it.

We need to remember as conservatives, that we had a hand in electing this maniac, by not holding George Bush accountable for ineptness and violating every conservative principle he ran on in 2000.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

When Obama gave his acceptance speech in Grant Park I had a sense that something historical was happening. This was a feeling I've only had maybe 3 or 4 other times in my life; when we landed on the moon, when Kennedy gave his speech in Berlin, the Cuban missile crisis, Kennedy's assassination, Martin Luther King's speech in Washington, the fall of the Berlin wall, etc. It's interesting that most of these were related to the short Presidency of JFK. Maybe that's because I think of Obama as a black JFK. If the country gets behind him I think we can somehow get through the current terrible economic crisis. I still consider it the 21st century Depression.

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My father used to own both a Willys car and jeep. I remember them both. But we don't have them now. So I guess I don't have the "willies" either.

16. OldRegular

I agree with you here. Perhaps the patience of God has not been pushed too far.

I agree with you to some extent here. I believe that Bush went to Washington thinking he could work with democrats like he had in Texas. Washington democrats are a different breed, you can only work with them on their terms.

The Iraq war may have been a mistake. That is for history to decide. I do think that the administration had no idea of how the Islamic mind and culture works. That was the biggest mistake made during the war.

Bush allowed the Republican Congress to spend like drunken democrats and did not veto a single bill. In 2006 enough Conservatives sat home [holding Bush accountable] to allow the dems to take over Congress.

I also think that Bush's "No Child Left Behind" was a big mistake. The Federal Government needs to keep its hands out of education.

Bush's Immigration reform plan was stopped in its tracks but I expect that we will get worse this year.

Bush's attempt to reform Social Security in 2005 was laudable but he got absolutely no support from democrat or Republican. That seemed to take something out of him. After that he seemed to respond passively rather than actively.

I believe that the biggest mistake Bush made was in not responding to his critics. The dems voted for the war and then turned on Bush with a vengeance [except Leiberman]. The dems in Congress and the leftist media routinely accused him of lying and worse and Bush remained silent. A lie repeated often enough and not refuted will be accepted as the truth.

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Bush's attempt to reform Social Security was a Ponzi scheme or perhaps a little game of 3 Card Monte.
    Current workers would not have been investing their own money in the stock market. They would have been stealing from those that are retired. That's because Social Security requires that those currently employed and paying into the fund pay the current benefits of those that are retired. I'm currently paying my mother's benefits. If I invested part of my Social Security payments I would reduce payments to my mother. Similarly, after I retire those currently working who invest part of their SS tax in the market steal my benefits.

This idea was just another Bush failure to understand the real issues.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Here we go again, you guys get so self-righteous that you feel pervertedness is exclusive to liberals...

Perhaps a h@m@sexual Republican stays in the closet but it doesn't make him any less a h@m@sexual and they are alowed to stay int he party of family values because, well, what can you do since you can't discriminate?

Mark Foley is in no way a Democrat and is about as perverted as they come. I really don't think either party should be throwing ricks since they each live in glass houses...

Homosexual Blackmail on Capitol Hill

Now I really think he has Barney Franks beat by a long shot...

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You should take your comedy routine on the road, this is hilarious... :laugh: :wavey:

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't think Nostradamus said anything about this year.

According to Mayan beliefs and their calendar, they have "great ages" and cycles. 2012 is the end of one of the great ages, not the end of the world. It has to do with a particular alignment in the sky with an area they considered to be special (I think the middle of the galaxy or something like that - I'd have to check my notes).

I did a workshop back in '01 on astrology and the year of 2012 according to the Mayans. It is not supposed to be the end of the world. Of course, I don't believe anything the Mayans said about it, so it means nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.