1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Calvanism REALLY Turn God Into A Puppet master us Into puppets?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what I know for a fact......Prior to salvation, I neither wanted salvation nor did I believe in Him......my sin was unbelief. I despised everything Christian.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

With your concept of justice, I hope none of you ever gets selected for jury duty.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is what I know.....prior to salvation I hated Christians and anything to do with God. Never would I have wanted salvation nor would I ever have asked for it.....my sin was total & utter unbelief. So how could I ever believe in your system of salvation. Makes NO sense

4. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

God wasn't obligated to save anyone. True justice would have been to send us all to hell. We sinned against an infinite God and have nothing to deserve being saved nor the chance to be saved.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah come on JBH, you aren't being fair ... :laugh:

Then again from my point of view God is merciful to me a foul, degenerate, sin riddled creature. I deserve hell & I get heaven.....what a gift! Thank you Lord! Praise you Lord! He has opened my eyes, He has softened my heart.....He has shown me Mercy. What else could I want or ever hope for?:laugh:

#25 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2011
  6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

7. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

jbh28....

Thats correct.

He is not obligated to save anyone.

But the scriptures make it abunduntly clear that His hearts desire is to draw people to Himself and save them all. Not one person will be lost because of chance or circumstance. They will be lost because they chose to be lost.

Just like the saved are saved because they chose to take God up on His offer and place their faith in Christ.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK....I chose to be lost....how come I am not?

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I must conclude because I tire of repeating this.... Salvation is all of God & none of us.

Blessings & peace :sleeping_2:

10. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

You posted these scriptures....

Wonderfull scriptures.

If you take those scriptures and view them in light of the whole of Gods scriptures you will begin to see Gods beautiful truth in wonderfull and liberating balance

You are a bright guy, I am certain of that. You can do it if you are willing to try.

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well...if you have the lost part wrong, it follows that you will be wrong here also.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

I don't have a problem whatsoever with God sending people who are old enough to understand right from wrong and willingly choose to sin to hell.

But I have a HUGE problem believeing God could be just sending babies or little children who have no concept of right and wrong to hell, ESPECIALLY if they were born with a sin nature and cannot possibly do anything but sin.

And I think I can show you your error from scripture, but I doubt you will receive it.

Jon 4:10 Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not labored, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night:
    11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than six-score thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Should God be responsible for his creation? Are we responsible for our children? Would you be good or just if you brought children into the world and then neglected to clothe or feed them until they died?

I think this is the very question God was asking Jonah. He labored to create us, he made us to grow. Then he asks Jonah SHOULD NOT I SPARE NINEVEH where there are 120,000 little children who cannot tell one hand from another? And notice he also cares for cattle that cannot sin. Jesus said we are worth more than many sparrows.

Like a loving parent, God feels a duty and responsibility for his creation, especially the innocent.

Those who are grown and willingly reject God are another matter, their condemnation is just.

I think many of you do not understand God.

13. Alive in Christ

Iconoclast...

You said...

Thats fine. You can believe that if you want.

But PLEASE Iconoclast. God has an entire book full of His divinely inspired scriptures. Read and study ALL of them, Iconoclast. Take your calvinism writings and and read them in light of the whole of Gods scriptures...rather than the other way around.

It will be liberating for you.

God bless

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

AIC,

You seem like a nice person.I think you are sincere.I am not sure how to explain it to you except to say that it is the whole scripture study that leads to this doctrine. I am trying to explain it to you ,but you need to see it for yourself. Quantum offered an arminian site that tries to look at it from a more scriptural point of view in that they do post some reformed men.
    Maybe you will see the contrast this way.

here..for you
    http://arminiantoday.blogspot.com/2011/01/election-calvinism-and-bible-part-one.html

15. Alive in Christ

EWF...

Probably because at some point in time you chose to "believe". You entered into a faith relationship with God/Christ as a result of the Holy Spirits work.

Granted, it may not have been a *profound* and *breathtaking* experience like mine was, but you WERE aware and you knew what was going on.

Its either that, or God put you into a deep trance and then you woke up and discovered, to your complete surprise, that you now believed in Christ.

I dont think the second option is very feasable.

16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Amen, Amen, Amen........

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    your not listening Alive in Christ. I was an enemy of God for 53 years, so your theory holds no water. Sorry.

Also my salvation is very new to me & I spent allot of time focusing on what happened so I am not lying. And if you bothered to ask others their testimony you would be surprised how many walked around with no wish to have salvation prior being saved. Why do you think we Calvinists hold so tightly to our belief system.......here is a clue.....because it's TRUE! No other way to explain it.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Skan said....

It is deceptive to offer someone a gift you fully know they cannot willingly receive. Especially if you, the giver, are the one who determines the receivers natural abilities. That type of offer cannot be geniune!

Honestly.....how do you see God as deceptive? To even go there is not a good thing. I spent my entire life in non belief & even blasphemed Him. Sin was my God, & I shamefully worshiped it..... It was my only reality & I laughed at all of you for being suckers. To give a guy like me who's greatest sin was unbelief a new life ....well now that is a precious gift indeed.

19. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Most of we calvinists that have posted here on BB though have explained to you and others that we DO believe that God will have compassion on those like Infants/mentally challenged etc persons...

that in the Cross, God will chosse to 'cover them" by grace offeerred by atoning death of jesus Christ, and until they become personally responsible before God, accountible to Him for their sins, that God will fordae them...

still are sinner by birth and choice, but the Lord will forbade them , just as he "overlooked" in a fashion man sins and transgressions done in past, up until time of Cross of Christ, as per Apostle Paul!

20. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

well, since in my understanding, the Lord has enabled the Cross to be a "covering" for those under age of their personal accountiblity for their sins to Him...

Since all of us willfully choose daily to disobey God, to sin against law of God, to choose to "play God" lives...

Since NONE of us are rightious, no not one...

Since i CAN trust the Lord of whole earth to judge rightious manner...

How dare I say God will be unjust and unfair in whatever he decides to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.